By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Second Annual *H.Y.P.E.* Thread

Well, this week's sales are up, and what a week it was...

Console20072008
457,162 603,408
236,531 279,518
246,444 210,406

Wii sees a 146,246 unit increase YoY. Pretty incredible growth if you ask me.

360 sees a 42,987 unit increase YoY. Definitely a positive mark going into the holiday season.

PS3 sees a 36,038 unit decrease YoY. We'll see what next week has in store for the big ol' black box.

Around the Network

This week's update is done, let me know what you guys think of the new graphs as they become available. I will be basing my decisions on what to remove/focus on in large part by your comments and discussion.

To Each Man, Responsibility

3 weeks down 7 to go ... 360 clawing itself back to a 6 mill margin between itself and the PS3.

Very interesting.

RolStoppable said:
Whoa Sqrl, take out the very first graph in your post. I entered the thread and saw the Wii dropping compared to last week. That I don't want to see, even though yoy the Wii improved, just not by the same amount or more as last week.

I liked the first graph its kinda of a cool growth rate tracker.... might help in determining aberrations latter on during the holidays 

edit.... the japan colors need to be a bit more different on the last set of charts

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Sqrl's threads are the best. You can never have too many graphs.

Around the Network

The 360 numbers need to be updated ;)

+1

Tease.

Barozi said:
The 360 numbers need to be updated ;)

I normally wouldn't be doing an update mid-week, but this was a big enough adjustment to warrant it.  Should be up in 20 or 30min

Look at the PS3 sales from 2007 ... if the PS3 is to break 20 MILLION by the years end it needs to sell just slightly move than what it did last year. Looking at how things are going it doesn't look like it will.

So I don't think the PS3 will make 20 million this year.

OK it is updated, I might start waiting a day to let the primary adjustment come in before I update from now on. It will depend on my schedule.