By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Second Annual *H.Y.P.E.* Thread

^^ sounds good, the 360 has been adjusted at least once after the numbers come out for the last 3 weeks.

Around the Network

Cool thread.

4 ≈ One

seece said:
There is more "reason" and "evidence" to support the 360 outselling the PS3 this christmas ... I wonder how many weeks in we will have to get for you to change your mind?

Reading through the thread again I noticed this and I have to admit I'm starting to agree with you.  I think if we don't see improvement from the PS3 in the next two weeks it will pretty much be a settled issue by that point.  I was expecting to see some improvement this week and last but that clearly has not been the case and things are looking good right now for the 360 to do better in both HYP and raw units.

To Each Man, Responsibility

The graphs are great sqrl. Only comment would be on the 07 vs 08 HYPE graphs for each individual console. To make comparisons easier, I would think you should keep the same scale as for PS3 and 360 for the Wii graph.

Keep up the great work. 3rd week was very interesting but would dot dare venture a guess on why the trends over these 3 weeks are the way the are...

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

lazyrider said:
The graphs are great sqrl. Only comment would be on the 07 vs 08 HYPE graphs for each individual console. To make comparisons easier, I would think you should keep the same scale as for PS3 and 360 for the Wii graph.

Keep up the great work. 3rd week was very interesting but would dot dare venture a guess on why the trends over these 3 weeks are the way the are...

Yeah I did try to play with that a bit, the problem ended up being that the 360 and PS3 graphs were harder to read when I brought them up to the Wii scale.  My thought at the time was that the PS3 and 360 were one battle this holiday and the other battle was pretty much Wii '07 versus Wii '08. 

I could create a combined graph for all 3 consoles in just 2008, not sure if that is what you are looking for though.

Around the Network

Funny man this Rol guy, I like him.

@ sqrl - my 1st thought was to scale the Wii graph down to the PS3/360 levels so we can clearly see how strong Wii has been but I get what you're saying, so yeah, guess it's fine the way it is.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

lazyrider said:
Funny man this Rol guy, I like him.

@ sqrl - my 1st thought was to scale the Wii graph down to the PS3/360 levels so we can clearly see how strong Wii has been but I get what you're saying, so yeah, guess it's fine the way it is.

If I scale the Wii graph down we would only be able to see 2/3rds of the week 8 graph   Like I said though I can toss in a combined graph if there was a comparison you were interested in.

edit: Actualy perhaps I missunderstood what you meant, are you asking me to adjust the major increment of the graph (ie the interval of the horizontal gauging lines) from 250k for the Wii to that of the 200k like the 360/PS3 graphs?

Great thread, but I'm pretty surprised by the current YOY downturn in PS3 numbers.

I can only imagine right now how big the Wii numbers are going to be in the next several weeks.

Loving the numbers and graphs Sqrl. Thanks for the hard work.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Thats a well done thread. 10/10

Whats with the lower PS3 sales SO FAR?

Wii and 360 doing great. 360 because of a well timed price cut. Wii, who knows why? I will make a guarantee that Xmas 09 wii sales are lower than xmas 08.