By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Second Annual *H.Y.P.E.* Thread

As to why Week 3 sales are better this week than last, the Wii and 360 have seen their big releases. The Gears, the Animal Crossings, the 360s price drop could have had an effect. The Wii has had SO MANY COMMERCIALS for the past few weeks, from Circuit City adverts like Hi-Tech toys, to the Best Buy commercials praising Wii Music, the Wii Music commercials, and the overall "Pop Popularity" for the Wii in general.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

edit: Gonna do something with this.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
lazyrider said:
Funny man this Rol guy, I like him.

@ sqrl - my 1st thought was to scale the Wii graph down to the PS3/360 levels so we can clearly see how strong Wii has been but I get what you're saying, so yeah, guess it's fine the way it is.

If I scale the Wii graph down we would only be able to see 2/3rds of the week 8 graph   Like I said though I can toss in a combined graph if there was a comparison you were interested in.

edit: Actualy perhaps I missunderstood what you meant, are you asking me to adjust the major increment of the graph (ie the interval of the horizontal gauging lines) from 250k for the Wii to that of the 200k like the 360/PS3 graphs?

No, you understood me right and as you said, week 8 would explode the scale (1.4 million last year, are u kidding me!?). So yeah, graphs are fine the way they are, great work!

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Well, Others week 4 is in. I thought I'd get a heads start of where the consoles need to go for America and Japan...

Wii: 257,805 to go...

Even if the Wii wasn't receiving a boost in Japan due to City Folk, it would easily pass the mark. Should be another fantastic week for the console.

360: 129,592 to go...

Another week of healthy growth for the 360. The boost in Japan will bump it even higher. Good stuff.

PS3: 228,510 to go...

Well... I just don't see PS3 making any growth YoY this week. Not much more to it than that...

A few Questions for you guys while you're waiting for this week's results:

1) What do you think the chances are that the Wii will break 1 million units this week Worldwide?

2) What do you think the chances are that the Wii will break 1 million units in a single region (JP, NA, EU/Others) at least once this year?

Around the Network

1. Well, the Americas have been significantly outpacing Others the past few weeks, and Japan just got AC (right?), so I'd say there's a pretty good chance... I'd risk $20 on it :).

2. I don't know, although if the America's pulls in huge numbers this week, it might make a million for Black Friday.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Fucking A.

PS3 is killing itself. YOY.

God.

Drop the price Sony, dammit.

Hey, Sqrl, the Wii numbers for last week were adjusted from 603K to 677k. Can you take some time and reflect these changes in your incredibly wicked cool charts?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Hey, Sqrl, the Wii numbers for last week were adjusted from 603K to 677k. Can you take some time and reflect these changes in your incredibly wicked cool charts?

Yup, all of the adjustments get updated each week when the new numbers come in =)

I will go ahead and make the update to the article though, so thanks.

appolose said:
1. Well, the Americas have been significantly outpacing Others the past few weeks, and Japan just got AC (right?), so I'd say there's a pretty good chance... I'd risk $20 on it :).

2. I don't know, although if the America's pulls in huge numbers this week, it might make a million for Black Friday.

I tend to agree with you on #1, if the NA numbers continue as they have it should at the very least be over 900k this week and a very good chance at 1M.

But on point #2 I see things somewhat opposite to that.  I think if this week is a little slower than anticipated it would portend bigger sales for Black Friday.

Honestly ...it's a tough call.  But if it does it at all it's going to be in NA on the week of black friday or week 8 in NA or EU.