By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Second Annual *H.Y.P.E.* Thread

i love the wii . ild bet my 1000 on that it will make the big 1m this week. As for (B) its a big call . Definatly 2m+ black friday week. so yea i could See america just scraping in at 1m.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
appolose said:
1. Well, the Americas have been significantly outpacing Others the past few weeks, and Japan just got AC (right?), so I'd say there's a pretty good chance... I'd risk $20 on it :).

2. I don't know, although if the America's pulls in huge numbers this week, it might make a million for Black Friday.

I tend to agree with you on #1, if the NA numbers continue as they have it should at the very least be over 900k this week and a very good chance at 1M.

But on point #2 I see things somewhat opposite to that.  I think if this week is a little slower than anticipated it would portend bigger sales for Black Friday.

Honestly ...it's a tough call.  But if it does it at all it's going to be in NA on the week of black friday or week 8 in NA or EU.

I see what you mean... maybe week 8 would be better, then.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Well, looks like I was wrong about 1.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
appolose said:
Well, looks like I was wrong about 1.

Yeah same here, I was expecting a drop in the rate it was ramping up before black friday, but not this much of a drop.

PS - As soon as Japan numbers are in, I'll start getting this week's update posted.

To Each Man, Responsibility

On the other hand, if (as you pointed out) low sales means big stockpiling for Black Friday, perhaps 1 million in America next week. for No. 2.

$40 dollars.

Okami

Around the Network

Indeed, there is a possibility, but I think the safe money is still on a high 6 digit number rather than a 7 digit one for NA. I'm pretty confident that next week will break 1M, but doing it in one region was always going to be tough.

Safe, but not as rewarding :)

Okami

Retailers are stockpiling for Black Friday. I know Wal-mart, Target and Best Buy are from friends who work in retail.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Would be nice if in the graphs you could indicate Black Friday week because it shifts year to year. Maybe another set of graphs aligned by Black Friday week.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
Would be nice if in the graphs you could indicate Black Friday week because it shifts year to year. Maybe another set of graphs aligned by Black Friday week.

Thanks for the suggestion~ They are actually incorporated as we speak and will be up with the next update.  I added them yesterday after another recent thread where it caused some confusion, I think that thread may have been the catalyst for your suggestion actually.