By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony isn't even trying right now and they're still a threat

S-Ghost_MLD- said:
Reject said:
-Ghost_MLD- said:
thejuicingamer said:
ovy MS is losing money everyday with RROD repairs

excuse me? blind much?

Sony posted a $400 million LOSS from july-september. MS posted a $160 million profit.

PS3 alone racked up for then 4 BILLION in losses.....so far.

Your in damage control because your dead last.....well ur console of chocie is.

DEAL.

Are you getting paid by MS or are you just pathetic?

No, im saying that PS3 is loosing more moeny (A LOT MORE) then what the topic creator thinks. WHat he doesnt know is that SOny nopenly admitted that PS3 single handidly lost more money then profits generated by the PS2 throughout its lifespan!

He also doesnt know that MS is making a consistent profit on 360 every fiscal quarter, while SOny is posting a loss in the hundreds of millions, even with PSP and PS2 "softening" the blow generated by PS3.

Want to know how mcuh Sony lost in the fiscal quarter July-Sept 2007? $900 MILLION. In one quarter. Thats real and if u look it up its true. The 2006 October-Dec numbers are even worse, much worse for Sony.  Sony even sold part of their entire company in 2007 to fund their holiday 07 price drop.

Sony lost about as much money as MS did with BOTH the XBOX and 360. But knowing ps3 fanboys, they tend to ignore this kind of stuff.

Thank You for showing up Common Sense, I was wondering when you would get here.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

I wish Sony would try. MGS4 was such a failure... :(

OMG!!!! LOL!!!!! hahaha sony isnt even trying???? OMFS!!!!! hilarious

off subject? you posted about price cuts and losses and i merely responded. so excuse me if i defended 360.

I am bringing to your attention that PS3 lost a lot more money then you seem to think, that PS3 cost just as much as both the XBox and Xbox 360 did together.

And you also admit that SOny "isnt even trying", admitting that Sony isnt very eager to please its fans as much as MS and Nintendo are.

Just saying, think and be informed next time you bash 360.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

Sad thread, really.

Around the Network
Smashed said:
I kinda agree, I love how PS3 manages to pull up quite high numbers, with no price cut, DOUBLE the price from the 360 and wii, and no "killer" games. Now that R2 and LBP are out for this holiday, PS3 starts to shine.

So MGS4, GT5P, Uncharted, Resistance, etc... plus all the multiplats suck??

This argument gets more and more tired as time passes.  It's already less than relevant, just let it go.

This thread needs to be locked down. The OP is ridiculous.

Dolla Dolla said:
Sad thread, really.

Indeed my friend

This thread needs to be locked down. The OP is ridiculous.

Agreed

Sony has painted themselves into a corner where they can't try.

If i wasn't working i would dig out the quote but about 3 quarters ago Sony's boss cited better than expected financials for the game division simply because the PS3 had sold under expectations. From their current position if Sony 'tries', i.e. price cuts to increase sales, they lose more money.

That's why they are trying their little hearts on the software front, as is evidenced by the recent game line-up.

Funniest thread I read all week! You still got it, Rol!! You still got it!!