By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony isn't even trying right now and they're still a threat

thejuicinggamer, you're a joke.
I was debating whether to throw you into my pile of "wiener fanboys"
This thread just convinced me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Around the Network
BottledSpringWater said:

OH OH!! I want this list...I waste too much time reading wienie remarks. Can you distribute?

-Ghost_MLD- said:
off subject? you posted about price cuts and losses and i merely responded. so excuse me if i defended 360.

I am bringing to your attention that PS3 lost a lot more money then you seem to think, that PS3 cost just as much as both the XBox and Xbox 360 did together.

And you also admit that SOny "isnt even trying", admitting that Sony isnt very eager to please its fans as much as MS and Nintendo are.

Just saying, think and be informed next time you bash 360.

Good job Ghost,I was gonna quote him and say "Off subject,You dont want to hear the truth eh?"

ymeaga1n said:
BottledSpringWater said:

OH OH!! I want this list...I waste too much time reading wienie remarks. Can you distribute?

I could give you the list, but mods would probably hassle me out of the country.

So I'll keep it to myself... yedig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Passive? As in remodeling their system at least 3 times and being the first console to cut price? That sort of passive? Passive as in "we're so far in the hole that we dare not cut price" passive?

Or do you really think they're playing coy?

Around the Network

Yah. I don't see it. Sony is not "not trying". (Nice double negative!) They just don't have any options. They were first to cut price, they've run a billion SKUs, they changed the software, they've bundled, they've unbundled, etc. etc. They are just out of options. I mean, when they started, they were all about Home, Blu-Ray and Sixaxis. SixAxis controls are rarely even heard about, and in games like Motorstorm 2 you have to dig through the menus to even find how to turn on motion controls. Home is still not, though admittedly drawing nearer - maybe. And Blu-Ray is going to lose out to digital distribution with services like Netflix selling HD-streaming in standalone Blu_ray players already. (Not to mention the 360 having it, if you have the bandwidth.)

If Sony could have hit home runs on the promises out of the gate, they'd be in much better shape in the marketplace. It's a great console, but I think they may have missed their window of opportunity. There's a finite number of hardcore gamers willing to pony up the money, and every day people have a bigger invest ment in their 360s and Wiis and aren't eager to splurge on another system. When the price comes down eventually they might get more of those PS2 buyers that haven't yet switched over, but it seems as if the casual PS2 player had gone 360 or Wii by now.

Sony is a bit of a mess right now. They must be very thankful for the PSP and PS2 keeping them afloat.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

that's true i agree with that, sony's not trying, they were right when they said they don't need a price cut, it will help obviously but they don't need it. They were what 8000 behind 360 this week worldwide. All i know is the day sony cuts their price and games keep popping out left and right with home on the way. 360 fans will finally shutup. I like the 360 and i'm probably getting one this christmas but the way they think MS is killing sony is just pathetic. The fact that the lowest hardware sku is about $70 more than a ps2 and its still being outsold by a $399 most of the weeks and overall this year is sad.

kunaixhaku said:
that's true i agree with that, sony's not trying, they were right when they said they don't need a price cut, it will help obviously but they don't need it. They were what 8000 behind 360 this week worldwide. All i know is the day sony cuts their price and games keep popping out left and right with home on the way. 360 fans will finally shutup. I like the 360 and i'm probably getting one this christmas but the way they think MS is killing sony is just pathetic. The fact that the lowest hardware sku is about $70 more than a ps2 and its still being outsold by a $399 most of the weeks and overall this year is sad.

um... well.. sorry but no.

Not to mention, you do know the PS2 still outsells the PS3 from time to time.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

fastyxx said:
Yah. I don't see it. Sony is not "not trying". (Nice double negative!) They just don't have any options. They were first to cut price, they've run a billion SKUs, they changed the software, they've bundled, they've unbundled, etc. etc. They are just out of options. I mean, when they started, they were all about Home, Blu-Ray and Sixaxis. SixAxis controls are rarely even heard about, and in games like Motorstorm 2 you have to dig through the menus to even find how to turn on motion controls. Home is still not, though admittedly drawing nearer - maybe. And Blu-Ray is going to lose out to digital distribution with services like Netflix selling HD-streaming in standalone Blu_ray players already. (Not to mention the 360 having it, if you have the bandwidth.)

If Sony could have hit home runs on the promises out of the gate, they'd be in much better shape in the marketplace. It's a great console, but I think they may have missed their window of opportunity. There's a finite number of hardcore gamers willing to pony up the money, and every day people have a bigger invest ment in their 360s and Wiis and aren't eager to splurge on another system. When the price comes down eventually they might get more of those PS2 buyers that haven't yet switched over, but it seems as if the casual PS2 player had gone 360 or Wii by now.

Sony is a bit of a mess right now. They must be very thankful for the PSP and PS2 keeping them afloat.

They kinda did hit their promises, the only thing that stopped them from suceeding are us the consumers and developers. First, customers thought it was too expensive so the system was not selling well so they had to cut a lot of the features that it should've had to stay competitive price wise. That's not their fault, you want good stuff, its expensive, that's the real world. 360 has a good price but their systems hardly work. That's the difference. Secondly, developers, lets be real everyone is in it for the money first then fame. And truthfully everyone knows having a year head start, it was a good chance for them to creative on the 360 and get good money out of it. I don't blame them it's business. Doing so, helped 360 get a head start in america and seeing such trends allowed a lot of the developers move from the ps3 to 360 in order to selll units fast and make money. If sony came out the same time fram as the 360, this would've been a different story. Games would've seen a delay in their release dates but would've came with a far higher qualilty than they do now. If you think im a fanboy go ahead but even developers have stated ps3 games take longer to make but can be made better when hard work and time put into it. But its all business and most of the time developers don't get that time. Now that the ps3 is settled i believe we will see a change in the outcomes of this console war. And to remember the transition we will all look back on metal gear solid 4 and resistance.

sega4life said:
kunaixhaku said:

um... well.. sorry but no.

Not to mention, you do know the PS2 still outsells the PS3 from time to time.

you do know the ps2 still outsells the 360 from time to time right?