By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony isn't even trying right now and they're still a threat

@ kunaixhaku

But I do blame Sony a bit for the problems with development on their systems.  One of the things that both the 360 and Wii have in their favor is the relative ease of development.  And Microsoft was much better out of the gate in terms of supporting developers and helping them on the tools to get games looking and running great pretty early on.  Sony sold out on ease of programming for the sake of a little extra juice from the Cell.  And they knew it would be harder to program for, but they went for it any way.  Now the people that HAVE had extra help from Sony - like Insomniac for example, who have focused just on the PS3 - have done good work.  

But Sony is paying the price in 3rd party land in terms of making their SKU so hard to port to or from, and it's hurting them. It was not a good decision to get so far away from PC-like game programming.  360 is benefitting greatly from having relatively simple ports back and forth to the PC, for example.  You end up with a game like Fallout 3 that looks and runs better on what most people say is lesser hardware.  The added power is only a plus if people can take advantage of it.  Considering the console exclusives of few and far between these days, I'm not sure it was worth it for them to push so hard to be bigger/faster/stronger than the other boxes.

If Sony were to do it again, the console would be cheaper to make and have lower specs.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network
kutasek said:
thejuicingamer said:
ovy MS is losing money everyday with RROD repairs

that's not microsoft fiscal report says.

entertaiment division doens't exactly tell you how money they made on the 360.

it includes Zune sells and other .

small marketshare though but they made profit from them.

considering they lost 6 billion on the xbox and 1+ on RRoD.

that doesn't look like they are making a lot of money either.

Is this kinda how Microsoft didn't do anything earlier in the year and just sat on the same price range etc without doing anything special whilst the PS3 outsold the 360?

Tease.

Zucas said:
Well the way you put it shouldn't be commended at all because in no way should anything smart come out of that. That just wouldn't be justice.

Unfortunately its an unjust world and it does bring up a good point. MS has a machine gun right now and is firing all its bullets possible into Sony... and Nintendo as well. However few have even hit and if they had they've barely broke the skin. While Ninty and Sony have shot off a few rounds and hit vital organs. I mean as much as MS has been doing it hasn't been working as well as the few things Ninty and Sony have been doing.

So I hate to see the future when Ninty and Sony pull out their machine guns.

Once again you are the one person I can count on here to have an unbiased view point and show common sense. This site needs more members like Zucas

Ok,Im calling it!

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Well the way you put it shouldn't be commended at all because in no way should anything smart come out of that. That just wouldn't be justice.

Unfortunately its an unjust world and it does bring up a good point. MS has a machine gun right now and is firing all its bullets possible into Sony... and Nintendo as well. However few have even hit and if they had they've barely broke the skin. While Ninty and Sony have shot off a few rounds and hit vital organs. I mean as much as MS has been doing it hasn't been working as well as the few things Ninty and Sony have been doing.

Good point, Sony's machine gun will def spit faster and hit harder.

thejuicingamer said:
Zucas said:

Good point, Sony's machine gun will def spit faster and hit harder.

Why cant you PS3 fanboys just accept that Ps3 is dead last for a reason?

IF, and I repeat IF, PS3 overtakes 360 in worldwide numbers, the next XBOX will be announced and/or released. The PS3 victory will then be a hollow one as the Xbox fans will move onto cheering the Xbox 720 on beating the unreleased PS4.

Its an endless cycle that has no possible good outcome for Sony fanboys.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

Ghosty do you forget the 360 had a 1 year head start???

LOL. i LOVE it when PS3 fanboys say that. Your too easy. Gamespot forums have fanboys way stronger then what I see here. Let me do the typical response.

Response #1 - That didnt stop the Wii. Wii became #1 with that exact same handicap.

Response #2 - Sony used to be #1 since PS1 and PS2. The brand loyalty should be insane. People should be upgrading their PS2 right? O wait........

Maybe the PS3 is dead last for a reason? Maybe its the hard archetecture, maybe its because its the most costly, maybe it has the least casual appeal of the 3 consoles, maybe its library is the least numerous of the 3, maybe its online is less then from what LIVE offers, maybe its a combination of them.

Basically when you say the one year head start excuse, your admitting that the Sony brand is declining, that they cant pull a Wii and overcome adversity. But here we are, with PS3 in last place, playing catchup to MS.

How the mighty have fallen.....and I suspect the Sony fanboys......dont know how to deal with not being the #1 fanboy anymore. Good day sir.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

thejuicingamer said:
Ghosty do you forget the 360 had a 1 year head start???

Yep, one extra year to sell consoles/software/accessories! Yay for that eh?

Tease.