By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony isn't even trying right now and they're still a threat

Ghost the wii appeals to a different market, face the facts if the xbox 360 was to take a year off starting today in 1 years time the PS3 would be equal or pass it. end of story.

Around the Network

LOL yet again you become defensive. I love this site!

Response #1 - PS2 had tons of casual appeal, thus thats why it sold 140+ million to date. Why SOny made PS3 the most tech savy and thus.....the fartest thing from appealing to casuals is their own problem/mistake that they are today struggling to deal with.

Response #2 - Sorry but your "what if" scenerios dont matter in the real world. 360 had a year head start on PS3. 360 is selling now and will continue to sell. Making excuses only proves your losing faith in Sonys present situation.

Your right, 360 would lose if launched day 1 with PS3 and would loose if it "took a year off". But it didnt....and wont take any time off. You gotta accept the present situation, and no fantasty will change it.

good day.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

what are you leaving for? the fact is that the PS3 will catch it in sales and pass it.

wrong, it is not FACT as you claim. It is hopefullness and desperation on your part.

Either way, the FACT (and i really mean fact) is that 360 is #2 and PS3 is #3. ANd you have to spend every waking moment of your life knowing that. When will PS3 overtake 360? I dont know.

But I can tell you itll be a long time, and your gonna stay in 3rd place for a long time, and were not giving up 2nd easy.

And thanks for ignoring my arguments to escape ownage, really tells me a lot about fanboys like you.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

thejuicingamer said:
what are you leaving for? the fact is that the PS3 will catch it in sales and pass it.

How can something which cannot be proved be considered a fact?

Heres an interesting factoid, the PS3 won last christmas and continued to outsell the 360 up until recently. If the 360 wins christmas it will likely keep on outselling the PS3 next year until Sony does something to stop it like a price cut.

250,000 now, half a million more at christmas and another quarter of a million Q1 2009? Hell it could be worse.

Tease.

Around the Network
Garnett said:
thejuicingamer said:

This is hilarious, every day i come on this site and see fanboys ripping eachother to pieces over how one system outsold the other etc... but what gets me is that Sony has pretty much played passive this entire gen with minimal price cuts meanwhile MS is dropping prices and offering rebates as if theres no tommorow.... MS knows that the PS3 is starting to shine now with Blu ray winning and becoming mainstream, PS3's biggest exclusives coming GT5,FF(japan), so they are throwing an all out blitz right now... the wii needs no mention its in its own little world.....

That is funny,I love how they are losing millions on PS3,and then threads like this are made to brain wash people that Sony is doing fine!

But Sony is doing fine,and btw RROD is a problem of the past,There not losing money off of them..

And MS gaming division still hasn't recovered all the 360 losses let alone the Xbox losses. What's your point?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This post starts with a PS3 fanboy making a bit of an outlandish statement and is now followed with 360 fanboys being just if not more silly. Comeon guys Sony is trying as best as they can do in the current circumstances, so the original point is a bit off. With that said, the 360 in what is traditionally a consoles strongest year has had to resort to cutting it's price to half of it's comptitor to barely eek out weekly sales wins, and that likely won't happen for much longer on a regular weekly basis. Face it guys at this moment of time the 360 isn't all that popular, it's price is. For the OP Sony is trying, but at the moment they can only do so much. obviously in 09 new chipset means cheaper production which means a likely PS3 at 299, but until then Sony is doing what they can do.

outlawauron said:
Garnett said:
thejuicingamer said:

This is hilarious, every day i come on this site and see fanboys ripping eachother to pieces over how one system outsold the other etc... but what gets me is that Sony has pretty much played passive this entire gen with minimal price cuts meanwhile MS is dropping prices and offering rebates as if theres no tommorow.... MS knows that the PS3 is starting to shine now with Blu ray winning and becoming mainstream, PS3's biggest exclusives coming GT5,FF(japan), so they are throwing an all out blitz right now... the wii needs no mention its in its own little world.....

That is funny,I love how they are losing millions on PS3,and then threads like this are made to brain wash people that Sony is doing fine!

But Sony is doing fine,and btw RROD is a problem of the past,There not losing money off of them..

And MS gaming division still hasn't recovered all the 360 losses let alone the Xbox losses. What's your point?

Yes but they are currently in profit and making it up.

His point is merely to bring awareness to PS3 loosing just as much money, if not more, and that its still posting losses in the hundreds of millions every fiscal quarter.

Make no mistake, I'm a Sony fan (not a fanboy), but Sony is most definitely trying as hard as they can. They're giving us HOME for free regardless of how long it takes, and their first party games are rivaled only by Ninty's first party and some Elite third parties. They have an expensive machine and a somewhat lackluster library. This will improve but I'm pretty happy at the moment. But all 3 are duking it out, no ones lazying around, believe that. One small mistake in this business and you could lose alot.

they'll more than likely return to profits next year...but it may mean delaying that much hyped about price cut to September.