By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony isn't even trying right now and they're still a threat

Fumanchu said:
they'll more than likely return to profits next year...but it may mean delaying that much hyped about price cut to September.

SOny can only profit if they dont do a price drop at all in 2009. They are currently loosing money now so they might break even come this time next year.

But if they drop the price, there back in the red.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
This thread fills me with all kinds of anger. There's BS coming from Sony fans. BS coming from MS fans and BS coming from Nintendo fans.

Just the random comments I read were horrible distortions of everything including the OP.

The ps3 isn't threatening anything. It's fanboy posts like this that sparks most of the hate towards the PS3 on this website.

Relax...........it's the internet. Don't take it so seriously. Just avoid the BS comments, and focus on comments with more substance.

izaaz101 said:
axumblade said:
This thread fills me with all kinds of anger. There's BS coming from Sony fans. BS coming from MS fans and BS coming from Nintendo fans.

Just the random comments I read were horrible distortions of everything including the OP.

The ps3 isn't threatening anything. It's fanboy posts like this that sparks most of the hate towards the PS3 on this website.

Relax...........it's the internet. Don't take it so seriously. Just avoid the BS comments, and focus on comments with more substance.

What are you kidding me?! The internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS.  When you see 8 kajillion people who are wrong, they must ALL be corrected!  LOL

axumblade said:
NYANKS said:
izaaz101 said:
axumblade said:

What are you kidding me?! The internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS.  When you see 8 kajillion people who are wrong, they must ALL be corrected!  LOL

EVERYONE knows that there are only 4 kajillion people on the internet. Your figures are dramatically overtracked!!! >:O

Damnit you're right.  I was using NPD, should've stuck with good ol' Vgchartz. :)

In a related story, the compared from launch, the PS3 is back below Gamecube levels again.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
-Ghost_MLD- said:
Fumanchu said:
they'll more than likely return to profits next year...but it may mean delaying that much hyped about price cut to September.

SOny can only profit if they dont do a price drop at all in 2009. They are currently loosing money now so they might break even come this time next year.

But if they drop the price, there back in the red.

There are issues beyond the hardware price, for example their productivity in 1st party studios has been pretty light and many of the games which have been in development for a long time will only release in 2009.

Remember it costs ~100k per chair per year in a software development house.

Tease.

The ps3 still has a long way to go before it outsells the 360. It will be too late into the gen to matter.

-Ghost_MLD- said:
outlawauron said:
Garnett said:
thejuicingamer said:

This is hilarious, every day i come on this site and see fanboys ripping eachother to pieces over how one system outsold the other etc... but what gets me is that Sony has pretty much played passive this entire gen with minimal price cuts meanwhile MS is dropping prices and offering rebates as if theres no tommorow.... MS knows that the PS3 is starting to shine now with Blu ray winning and becoming mainstream, PS3's biggest exclusives coming GT5,FF(japan), so they are throwing an all out blitz right now... the wii needs no mention its in its own little world.....

That is funny,I love how they are losing millions on PS3,and then threads like this are made to brain wash people that Sony is doing fine!

But Sony is doing fine,and btw RROD is a problem of the past,There not losing money off of them..

And MS gaming division still hasn't recovered all the 360 losses let alone the Xbox losses. What's your point?

Yes but they are currently in profit and making it up.

His point is merely to bring awareness to PS3 loosing just as much money, if not more, and that its still posting losses in the hundreds of millions every fiscal quarter.

Yes, the PS3 is loosing Sony tons of money, but MS lost well over 6 billion on the both of them even with their first profitable year ever (this past year).

So, Sony hasn't lost near as much (yet). I believe they are around 2-3 billion.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Juicingamer

I like what you posted and agree with most of it, but you have to be careful as there some people in this thread who have already insulted you, (Jesus/J Man - whatever), to people who really don't understand what you are saying. However, I do and I agree. I believe Sony has paved the way for any easier road with the PS4 by seeing where they need to tighten up from mistakes with PS3. I also agree that Sony IS NOT giving it their all at the moment. We'll see that really start happening after the release of one of the PS3's biggest exclusives, Killzone 2, in February 2009. Mark my words Juicingamer, it'll REALLY pick up by then.

Errr, how is Sony not trying? Killzone 2 is being developed by people who are trying their hardest to produce an excellent game. Are you somehow suggesting they could try harder?

If they are losing money on the PS3 still, what qualifies as trying harder? Losing more money? Be like the Xbox 1 and never make a profit = trying your best?

Tease.

@Outlaw i think you'll find it's actually closer to 4.5billion now, which you would think would be hurting them more. It'd be interesting to see what they come out with next gen if they can keep up with the HD high tech machine or will they need to turn a profit on hardware to get by thus forcing them into a more casual market.