By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony isn't even trying right now and they're still a threat

thejuicingamer said:

This is hilarious, every day i come on this site and see fanboys ripping eachother to pieces over how one system outsold the other etc... but what gets me is that Sony has pretty much played passive this entire gen with minimal price cuts meanwhile MS is dropping prices and offering rebates as if theres no tommorow.... MS knows that the PS3 is starting to shine now with Blu ray winning and becoming mainstream, PS3's biggest exclusives coming GT5,FF(japan), so they are throwing an all out blitz right now... the wii needs no mention its in its own little world.....

The fact that so many people replied to this thread goes to show what you say is right. and we all know the truth hurts.

the ps3 is still $400 and going back up to $500 november 30th with the uncharted bundle, but look how it sells. is it doing wii numbers? hell no but its doing damn great for a console that price.

I honestly thought MS was going to crush the ps3 in sales with a price of $200, overseas its even cheaper. but its not happening. they out sell the ps3 sometimes yes, but its not even by a large amount, its nothing to talk about.

and i think when the Juicingamer said sony isn't trying, i dont think he ment actually "not trying" i think he meant they havent showed all there cards yet. MS cant drop the price any lower now, thats it. sony still has pleanty of breathing room, and we all know happens when a price drops, especially with ps3.

Around the Network

PS3 is selling well despite no price drop in 2008.

jesus kung fu magic said:

Wow nothing worse than a dillusional fanboy. Anyways sony is obviously trying very hard this gen and are adapting to the competition (online service ,motion controls). They put alot of work into their system so why would they try hard to make it appeal. The reason the ps3 isnt lowering their prices is because they would shoot themselves in the foot if they did not because their being "passive". To say sony is passive is an insult them therefore you fail as a sony fanboy so good day to you.

agreed.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Which has nothing to do with trying they'll simply be better positioned to be more competitive next year.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Squilliam

Errm...what? Like I said, when Killzone 2 releases then you will probably see more aggression from Sony seeing as how that will be Sony's biggest 1st party release at that point next to Little BIG Planet and they may even be able to drop the price by then meaning they'd be “trying” harder. IMO though, it won't be until then. They ARE NOT trying as hard as they will in the future, and mostly because, at the moment, they can't afford to.

Its probably better to say they are trying as hard as anyone else with the resources they have available to them, but the results of that effort (well much of it anyway) won't be seen until next year and the first result of their great efforts from the beginning of the gen is Killzone 2 which is due to release Q1 next year, followed by GOW III and other first party studios putting out their first games of the generation.

Tease.

Around the Network

Not only is this borderline flamebait, but it's inadvertently a swipe at Sony themselves. No good will come from this thread, and it was poorly put together in the first place.

Thread locked.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.