By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony isn't even trying right now and they're still a threat

Reject said:
-Ghost_MLD- said:
thejuicingamer said:
ovy MS is losing money everyday with RROD repairs

excuse me? blind much?

Sony posted a $400 million LOSS from july-september. MS posted a $160 million profit.

PS3 alone racked up for then 4 BILLION in losses.....so far.

Your in damage control because your dead last.....well ur console of chocie is.

DEAL.

Are you getting paid by MS or are you just pathetic?

If you think hes wrong,man up and give some links.

Around the Network

Well the way you put it shouldn't be commended at all because in no way should anything smart come out of that. That just wouldn't be justice.

Unfortunately its an unjust world and it does bring up a good point. MS has a machine gun right now and is firing all its bullets possible into Sony... and Nintendo as well. However few have even hit and if they had they've barely broke the skin. While Ninty and Sony have shot off a few rounds and hit vital organs. I mean as much as MS has been doing it hasn't been working as well as the few things Ninty and Sony have been doing.

So I hate to see the future when Ninty and Sony pull out their machine guns.

so wait, i just realized.

The topic creator openly said "sony isnt even trying and is still a threat"

The creator openly admits that Sony isnt trying to satisfy its customers, that they arent giving 100% like they did with the PS2. This PS3 fanboy openly admits that Sony isnt treating their fans as good as they should be.

LOL. PS3 fanboy self owned.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

-Ghost_MLD- said:
so wait, i just realized.

The topic creator openly said "sony isnt even trying and is still a threat"

The creator openly admits that Sony isnt trying to satisfy its customers, that they arent giving 100% like they did with the PS2. This PS3 fanboy openly admits that Sony isnt treating their fans as good as they should be.

LOL. PS3 fanboy self owned.

lol,nice one,but i think Sony is trying very hard to keep up with 360 in quality(not hardware wise PS3fanboys).

So losing billions of dollars isn't really trying? I hate to think what really trying entails.

Around the Network

Nice, you started to make threads again!
Oh.. i see, so that's why they are loosing money.. Well, they should start to try because if not, they will loose A LOT (not only money)

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Kzoellner said:
Funny I said the same thing.......

It is not like sony is losing "the race" selling millions of units. That is way more then enough to let their games sell. People honestly talk about how bad sony or MS is going to lose. In reality no one is going to lose on this generation with the selling of millions of systems.

Fan boys have to get to reality with the battling of games and not systems. IE GOW2 VS R3, HALO VS KZ2. So on and so on. This is not an over saturated market for example when dreamcast came out. It had to compete with Sony, Microsoft's xbox, the cube. The generation now has changed the playing field.

This generation has nintendo who struck gold selling to the casual gamers. Putting nintendo in a whole new bracket of video game entertainment. Sony and Microsoft staying to the roots of "hardcore" gamers. With these two going at it and selling high number of systems no one will lose.

I disagree. Both Sony and Microsoft is losing on this generation. Sony has no shot at going even, and I have severe doubts that Microsoft will. Sure, they're selling millions of systems, but that isn't what matters most to them. That is cold, hard cash.

I understand where you dissagree on.  Cold Hard cash is always a way to go.  But no system leaving the market.... they will be around until the next generation.  Honestly poeple will go out and buy what ever system they choose to.  Not because of the system because of the games and qualities it has to offer.  I just stated in another forum that a video game league I play in has giant land parties all over the city.  I have slowly watched it go from xbox to PS3 in most events.  Because once a fanboy gives a system a chance and they are "wowed" they useally go out and buy it.  Not saying that most people go out and buy after one time of playing it.  I own both and play both quiet frequantly. 

but for one system to leave the market; it is not going to happen.  cough cough nintendo cough they pulled strong after a poor cube generation.

thejuicingamer said:

This is hilarious, every day i come on this site and see fanboys ripping eachother to pieces over how one system outsold the other etc... but what gets me is that Sony has pretty much played passive this entire gen with minimal price cuts meanwhile MS is dropping prices and offering rebates as if theres no tommorow.... MS knows that the PS3 is starting to shine now with Blu ray winning and becoming mainstream, PS3's biggest exclusives coming GT5,FF(japan), so they are throwing an all out blitz right now... the wii needs no mention its in its own little world.....

Yep they aren't trying at all.  They made over a billion of losses with no effort.  They sell their console at a loss.  They have many bundles.  Their system which initially cost £425 now cost £290.  no they are not even trying at all.  I agree completely with you.  When they start trying PS3 will start selling 1.5million a week.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Reject said:
-Ghost_MLD- said:
thejuicingamer said:
ovy MS is losing money everyday with RROD repairs

excuse me? blind much?

Sony posted a $400 million LOSS from july-september. MS posted a $160 million profit.

PS3 alone racked up for then 4 BILLION in losses.....so far.

Your in damage control because your dead last.....well ur console of chocie is.

DEAL.

Are you getting paid by MS or are you just pathetic?

No, im saying that PS3 is loosing more moeny (A LOT MORE) then what the topic creator thinks. WHat he doesnt know is that SOny nopenly admitted that PS3 single handidly lost more money then profits generated by the PS2 throughout its lifespan!

He also doesnt know that MS is making a consistent profit on 360 every fiscal quarter, while SOny is posting a loss in the hundreds of millions, even with PSP and PS2 "softening" the blow generated by PS3.

Want to know how mcuh Sony lost in the fiscal quarter July-Sept 2007? $900 MILLION. In one quarter. Thats real and if u look it up its true. The 2006 October-Dec numbers are even worse, much worse for Sony.  Sony even sold part of their entire company in 2007 to fund their holiday 07 price drop.

Sony lost about as much money as MS did with BOTH the XBOX and 360. But knowing ps3 fanboys, they tend to ignore this kind of stuff.

2008 360 prediction: 26 million (thus surpassing XBOX lifetime sales in one year less time).

As long as there are 360 bashers, I will be there to do something about it.

Calm down ghosty, you're getting all worked up over nothing and off subject.