By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker: Why would you consider this to be the best Zelda game?

So, there are a lot of people that give WW highest praise. I must say, I do not understand why, and I need some enlightening (or beating).

For me, this was the first Zelda game that truly disappointed.

The one thing it had going for it was the graphics; it was beautiful and seemless. Also, the combat was decent.

However, gripes:

- Having to change the direction of the wind a lot of the time became tedious (even though you can effectively head 3 directions with one direction of the wind.)

- Very simplistic dungeons. It was mainly kill all the enemies in the room to progress forward. nothing interesting.

- finding spoils......must I read the literature everytime I pick one up (the manyyyy times)?? Why can't i just skip through the text?

- Many small islands are, to me, just capping out on making a sprawling adventure. There were just a few islands that had any kind of size whatsoever, but the majority of the game are just these little rocks where u just do one lil task. I know it's the SEA but after making me sail for some fairly long periods i want to be rewarded a bit better than that.

- Pictures. Come on, it is an extremely tedious task to take a pic of everything in the game to get all the statues. This made me give up this game forever.

- Wasted space. Many parts of this game are just there for traversing and serve no other purpose. I do enough traversing in the waters. With the little land you have, please hold my interest by doing something more with it instead of just walking from here to there.

- Enemies knocked to the ground. It's just another waste of time. Many time i just have to beat one enemy and move on, but then I hit it once, and it falls. I will now have to stare and wait till it gets up before i finish it off.

You know, individually these problems are not that bad but they have all culminated to a slighty uglier head.

Don't get me wrong this was a good game but I can see almost all Zelda games being better, some by a very wide margin.

Why is this game, in your opinion, the best Zelda yet? If you say graphics only, and you are a nintendo 'fan' or 'fanboy' or whatever, then umm, you know, the word hypocrite comes to mind.

Around the Network

im with you, WW was not the best zelda

*hides from soriku*

hehe, that wasn't so bad

It wasn't the best Zelda but it definitely wasn't disappointing. I got a ton of enjoyment out of that game.

To each his own, I guess.

Just like some people claim that Majora's Mask was the best Zelda but I liked Ocarina of Time so much more.

For me wasn't a disappointting. Besides this, ALttP, is the best Zelda, ever, then, Ocarina.
The only thing that drives me crazy was the last ques in the game, the search of the Triforce shards.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network

Best 3D-Zelda? Yeah. Link to the Past is better though, I think.

Well obviously to each his own, but i basically was just trying to find the reasoning behind it being the *best zelda*

Why would the Pictures thing bother you? It wasn't actually part of the quest.

I don't. However WW has a tons of charm.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

blunty51 said:
Well obviously to each his own, but i basically was just trying to find the reasoning behind it being the *best zelda*

But, where doy fou find Zelda WW is the best one?

In Gamerankings said tha OoT is the best one. Famitsu put 40/40 both, Ocarina and WW. If that ypu mean.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION