By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker: Why would you consider this to be the best Zelda game?

The only problem i have with WW is that i think the sailing is tedious. An ocean is not a good overworld and Hyrule-field is so much better

Around the Network
melbye said:
The only problem i have with WW is that i think the sailing is tedious. An ocean is not a good overworld and Hyrule-field is so much better

It wouldn't have been so bad if you could've changed the direction of the wind easier.  Using the Wind Waker was much more cumbersome than using the Ocarina of Time.

I thought the dungeon design in WW was the best in the series, barring Majora's Mask.

Though Twilight Princess also had really strong dungeon design.

You know what I just need to replay all of these games again.

Khuutra said:
I thought the dungeon design in WW was the best in the series, barring Majora's Mask.

Though Twilight Princess also had really strong dungeon design.

You know what I just need to replay all of these games again.

Most people consider the WW and MM to have the weakest dungeons of the 3D Zeldas, given how few dungeons there were in each, and how simple they were in the WW (more fighting, less puzzles).  Though despite their meager numbers, I loved MM's dungeons. 

The saving grace of both games is usually considered to be the amazing atmosphere and NPCs in each title.

Arguably, Twilight Princess had the best dungeon design of any 3D Zelda, but I'd say OoT edges it out barely.  The Forest Temple will always be one of my favorite temples, and the Shadow Temple was just crazy.  Bongo Bongo ftw!

As for replaying the games, I was planning to replay the OoT through TP last July, and while doing so creating a thread on here to discuss my journey, and see if others wanted to play alongside me.

That never happened, and now my backlog of games has only grown.  I hope to do it one day, though, and I'd definitely love to do it with a bunch of you guys.

People who say MM had bad dungeon design are high as Hell.

No other comment is necessary.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

I only said that MM had FEW dungeons, not bad dungeons.  :P

Also, read the part about replaying the games I added in with an edit.  :P

The Windwaker is a great game, maybe not the best Zelda (because it is hard to decide which one is) but i loved its music, its graphics battles and sailing.

makingmusic476 said:
Khuutra said:

This idea is most agreeable. If need be, you could even get together a group and let one person create one topic per game - say, you take Majora's Mask, someone else takes another game.... that way, you could expand it to include the older Zeldas too.

Everyone else would of course be able to play alongside.

Khuutra said:
makingmusic476 said:
Khuutra said:

This idea is most agreeable. If need be, you could even get together a group and let one person create one topic per game - say, you take Majora's Mask, someone else takes another game.... that way, you could expand it to include the older Zeldas too.

Everyone else would of course be able to play alongside.

If did that, we'd have to make the threads in consecutive order.  And that actually would be a better idea, since it would give the stragglers some time to finish up their games before we move onto the next title.  It'd suck to have one thread in which I'm talking about TP, while somebody else is still on MM.

See now, I rather like that idea. I say we do it, especially since it means the necessary load on any one person is so much shorter.