By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wind Waker: Why would you consider this to be the best Zelda game?

link to the past ftw!!!!

they should remake link to the past with spiffy graphics n such

Around the Network

apart from the collecting the shards part, this was an awesome zelda, and my favourite one. Maybe the style, the soundtrack, the weapons all seemed to get me into the game.

And i loved the ocean-pirate-islands theme...
it was a vast world that i had to explore.

To be honest, I never even bother to tried it. There's a reason why it sold less than Oot and TP. I really didn't like the art direction.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

The WW is a brilliant game, yet maybe the least of the 3-d Zeldas. I mean look what you're comparing it against. Its visuals, though, are the best in Zelda games till date ( which definitely should change come 2010).

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Khuutra said:
Why would the Pictures thing bother you? It wasn't actually part of the quest.

As a big zelda fan I wanted to get everything in the game

the pictures thing made me grow despondant

Around the Network
MasterZack said:
blunty51 said:
Well obviously to each his own, but i basically was just trying to find the reasoning behind it being the *best zelda*

But, where doy fou find Zelda WW is the best one?

In Gamerankings said tha OoT is the best one. Famitsu put 40/40 both, Ocarina and WW. If that ypu mean.

No i meant why, if WW is your favourite zelda game, do u find it to be the best.

uhh, yuh know, read the OP.

It has a great artstyle and atmosphere, but it's the weakest of the 3D console Zeldas, imo. The game just felt incomplete. The dungeons were weak and far too few, they essentially handed you the third pearl, the sailing would get tedious after long periods, and the Quest for the Triforce Shards was nothing more than a waste of time fetch quest intended to pad the game's length to make up for the lacking dungeons.

They also made the prospect of getting all hear pieces a total pain in the ass.

The islands for the most part rocked, though.

Edit: Oh yeah.  The counters made combat easy as hell.

Well my complaints for Wind Waker are that it might be too easy (haven't really died much in any Zelda game, so can't tell if this is overly easy or not)

The triforce gathering was gay at the end. Almost made me not complete the game.

My favorite is Majora's Mask. At the time it wasn't my favorite, I thought it was great game, but not the best. But as time went on I realized how original and neat features that game had compared to the others that made it feel unique.

irstupid said:
Well my complaints for Wind Waker are that it might be too easy (haven't really died much in any Zelda game, so can't tell if this is overly easy or not)

The triforce gathering was gay at the end. Almost made me not complete the game.

My favorite is Majora's Mask. At the time it wasn't my favorite, I thought it was great game, but not the best. But as time went on I realized how original and neat features that game had compared to the others that made it feel unique.

That's how I feel about it.  It still falls a bit behind the Ocarina of Time for me, though.

Looking back, I've spent more time with the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask than any other games, except maybe Mario Kart 64 and Age of Mythology.  I spent countless hours when I was younger riding Epona across Hyrule, or wandering through Clock Town talking to people.

i don't...

ocarina of time its the best.

the crappy toon link design was not bearable to my likes.