By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 outsells Xbox360 by 40% in America since price drop.

misterd said:
leo-j said:
wangfoo said:
leo-j said:
90% of ps3 owners will get killzone2. I think it will sell as good as halo 3 if my 8 million by killzone release install base predicito is proven true.

Jesus bud, take a few breaths. 90%? You honestly think it has a higher attache rate than a game that comes packed in in all but one territory?

Your right 90% is optomistic, around 70% of the ps3 owners is what to me would be more accurate. That game looks so fun. I think it will sell beter than resistance.

Super Smash Bros. Melee sold 6+ million copies on the GameCube. It was a loveletter to all Nintendo games past, was arguably the best Nintendo game for a system owned almost exclusively by Nintendo fans, and was one of the only good games available when the system launched. Yet it only hit about 25%.

The Grand Theft Auto series was the biggest series of games last generation. It made the PS2 the runaway winner. Yet each title sold to roughly 10% of the PS2's audience, only twice the total sales of SSBM despite being on a system with almost 6 times the console sales.

Whats the attach rate for resistance?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
misterd said:
leo-j said:
wangfoo said:
leo-j said:
90% of ps3 owners will get killzone2. I think it will sell as good as halo 3 if my 8 million by killzone release install base predicito is proven true.

Jesus bud, take a few breaths. 90%? You honestly think it has a higher attache rate than a game that comes packed in in all but one territory?

Your right 90% is optomistic, around 70% of the ps3 owners is what to me would be more accurate. That game looks so fun. I think it will sell beter than resistance.

Super Smash Bros. Melee sold 6+ million copies on the GameCube. It was a loveletter to all Nintendo games past, was arguably the best Nintendo game for a system owned almost exclusively by Nintendo fans, and was one of the only good games available when the system launched. Yet it only hit about 25%.

The Grand Theft Auto series was the biggest series of games last generation. It made the PS2 the runaway winner. Yet each title sold to roughly 10% of the PS2's audience, only twice the total sales of SSBM despite being on a system with almost 6 times the console sales.

I think its about 1 to every 2 consoles sold.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

All I can say is that this holiday season will be interesting.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

mitsuhide said:
leo-j said:
misterd said:
leo-j said:
wangfoo said:
leo-j said:

I think its about 1 to every 2 consoles sold.

Yeah, almost that high, of course that attach rate is constantly shrinking.

1 out of 2.7 own Resistance.

Around the Network

Easy there Nazitips, I HAD a Gamecube and didn't even know about SSBM. I am not a fanboy of any kind. I have and appreciate all three systems. I'm just sick of the Wii fans dissing the PS3, or people that own one. Also, calling a person ignorant is an insult. I don't recall insulting you (until now).

theshoe23 said:
Easy there Nazitips, I HAD a Gamecube and didn't even know about SSBM. I am not a fanboy of any kind. I have and appreciate all three systems. I'm just sick of the Wii fans dissing the PS3, or people that own one. Also, calling a person ignorant is an insult. I don't recall insulting you (until now).

Ignorant can be an insult, but it can also be an accurate adjective. I for one freely admit to ignorance when it comes to programming and hardware.

However, it is still rude to point such a thing out directly. Better to just lay the facts out, undermine the argument, and let everyone else figure it out for themselves.

leo-j said:
LeroyBrown said:
ceres said:
ioi said:
Ha, all the Killzone love amuses me, did you guys see how well the first game sold?

I think it will do well but 90% attach rates (even over 25%) is not going to happen I'm afraid!

It's basically history repeating itself. The original was labeled by fanboys as the Halo Killer and was completely overhyped. Sales were decent but at the same time poor because of the hype behind it. And I believe more than half the sales were made post "Greatest Hits" labeling or whatever it is they call the top sellers. Now we've got one video being shown and suddenly every problem than plagued the original is wiped out of people's minds and we've got people saying it will be the best shooter this generation.

It's not the gameplay or replay value that matters though, its how much prettier your games look than everyone elses. Killzone 2 looks prettier than Halo 3, so obviously Killzone 2 will be better. When a game looks good it doesn't need to be fun.

Bro, did you see the gameplay, the gameplay by itself is alot smoother and I dont know so realisitci compared to resistance. The first killzone sold bad, generally becuase of the huge amount of install base and it wasnt the only "somewhat good fps" killzone 2 has everything the first one should have had. If you seen the story in the game by all means its as good or even more entertaingin than halo's. Ask anyone that had the 1st game, you cant compare the 1st to the secound in any way. Im not talking about graphics, gameplay is completely different smoother more intense and keeps you alive with the storms ahead of you with huge lighting tornadoes, and soldiers fighting of the helghask mennece. Already looking at gameplay and not even story the one level they showed already has me saying its better than resistance fall of man.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but don't come crying back to me when that intensity fades and other games come along to replace or outdo it ultimately making Killzone2 just another game that simply "was". It's a game, in fact a genre, whose entire list of redeeming qualities and justifications are predisposed to be surpassed, this game will be but a trail marker in Video Game history, not a classic, not a legend... Just a reminder of what was and what people were excited about for a short time.

leo-j said:

No, not Killzone 2. Killzone got reviews within the 70's at www.gamerankings.com, which is not a good score. It may be a decent score, but not good. It just exists, and gets lost with the mountain of crap of the Playstation 2. All consoles have their good games, and bad games, but Killzone 2 is not going to be the Playstation 3's ultimate game. It will exist on the Playstation 3, but it wont be a Halo 3, don't you see? Ratchet 5 might be good, seeing how the Ratchet series was descent on the Playstation 2. Playstation 3 needs to find another killer game. Playstation 2 found many good games, so the Playstation 3 should at least find a few.

a.l.e.x59 said:
leo-j said:

No, not Killzone 2. Killzone got reviews within the 70's at www.gamerankings.com, which is not a good score. It may be a decent score, but not good. It just exists, and gets lost with the mountain of crap of the Playstation 2. All consoles have their good games, and bad games, but Killzone 2 is not going to be the Playstation 3's ultimate game. It will exist on the Playstation 3, but it wont be a Halo 3, don't you see? Ratchet 5 might be good, seeing how the Ratchet series was descent on the Playstation 2. Playstation 3 needs to find another killer game. Playstation 2 found many good games, so the Playstation 3 should at least find a few.

Again I expect 60-70% attach rate, killzone 2 is basicly just cant be compared to the 1st one. Resistance fall of man users will buy killzone 2 as a better fps if brought out right by sony. A demo can make that happen. If the gameplay whcih already seams like it is, is so good smooth and extreemly fun, then expect it to sell atleast as well as resistance whcih has an attach rate of 40-50%.

mM