By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 outsells Xbox360 by 40% in America since price drop.

PS3 outsells Xbox360 by 40% in America since price drop.

After PS3 sales increasing by over 135% last week we saw little drop off in week two with unit sales for the week at 45,101 compared to 32,345 for Xbox360. Wii has again sold more than the two combined with 95,470 units sold, and it remains to be seen how much Xbox 360 sales pick up with the release of Halo 3. For now though, Sony fans can rejoice!

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PS3_outsells_Xbox360_by_40_in_America_since_price_drop

Around the Network

Not just north america...World wide according to vgchartz numbers. Ps3 Selling about 100k WW is a good achievement indeed, meaning so far for the month it has sold some nice numbers.

mM

MS will continue to lose momentum - until they announce their price drop along with the H3 release (or just after it).

Then sales will skyrocket. I'll prefer to know for sure though, that all new 360s are RRoD proof.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If they announce a price cut during that german game show you can expect Euro sales to double.

As more exclusives come out, more PS3 will be sold.

Halo will be a short affect on sales.

Dugg

Around the Network
Nonquihote said:
If they announce a price cut during that german game show you can expect Euro sales to double.

The same can be said for the 360: as more exclusives come, more will be sold.
Microsoft would be quite foolish to not  announce a price cut by the end of this year.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

MS won't cut the price before Halo comes out, the price cut will come in November. Also, there is still the question of how much of the Halo fanbase already has 360s....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Nice. Is 360 going to fade into a distant 3rd now? I think a strong maybe.

gitanil said:
Nonquihote said:

Microsoft would be quite foolish to not announce a price cut by the end of this year.

And Sony is in a great position to announce their own price-cut shortly after M$'s first one. 80GB will be $500 at most. They need to get it before $500, though, or at least some version of the PS3.

So far, great sales for the PS3 after the price-cut.  I'm very curious how long the 60GBs will remain. 

windbane said:
gitanil said:
Nonquihote said:

Microsoft would be quite foolish to not announce a price cut by the end of this year.

And Sony is in a great position to announce their own price-cut shortly after M$'s first one. 80GB will be $500 at most. They need to get it before $500, though, or at least some version of the PS3.

So far, great sales for the PS3 after the price-cut.  I'm very curious how long the 60GBs will remain. 

Here's the deal, if sony cuts the price of the ps3 WW by this holiday season you can expect that the 360 will fade into a distant third. From now on I expect the ps3 to out selll the 360 world wide until maybe halo3 then afterwards keep outselling it.Since like I stated in another thread xbox fans were sony fans they probably want that ps3 for metal gear or ratchet. Sony can cut the price of the 80gb to $449.99 and they wont be losing money.

mM