By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 outsells Xbox360 by 40% in America since price drop.

mitsuhide said:
Killzone actually went and sold 2million+(I know it sold atleast this many because thats how many a game needs to sell to get into SCE greatest hits list) and became multiplatinum WW(VG only show American sales which were 0.75million).

A game absolutely does not have to sell 2 million+ to get in to the greatest hits. Link me any evidence that suggests this is true, and I will link you 40 that say it isn't. You just flat out made this up. 

It is Sony's decision on whether or not a game is included in their greatest hits collection.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Ohh well real numbers shown.

Bodhesatva said:
mitsuhide said:
Killzone actually went and sold 2million+(I know it sold atleast this many because thats how many a game needs to sell to get into SCE greatest hits list) and became multiplatinum WW(VG only show American sales which were 0.75million).

A game absolutely does not have to sell 2 million+ to get in to the greatest hits. Link me any evidence that suggests this is true, and I will link you 40 that say it isn't. You just flat out made this up. 

It is Sony's decision on whether or not a game is included in their greatest hits collection.  

Well for it to be greatest hits it should have sold alot of copies. If in North america it sold nearly 1 million copies europe(were killzone is more popular) should have sold 1.25 copies. that adds to 2 million. But your right mitsuhide is incorrect look at it for your self but interestingly killzone made people buy a ps2...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6074945.html

mM

New numbers.

Resistance now has a 39% attach rate.

Nonquihote said:
New numbers.

Resistance now has a 39% attach rate.

I'd say that sounds pretty bad but its probably typical of most launch titles.

Around the Network

Resistance has a higher attach rate than Halo 2 at the moment, but that's pretty common with launch games. Finland's best gaming magazine always has a one sentence recap after every review, and with Resistance it was "The one of the PS3 launch games that's worth buying." =P

I honestly don't see any PS3 games breaking 10 million this gen, and possibly only Halo 3 doing it with the Xbox 360.

Parokki said:
Resistance has a higher attach rate than Halo 2 at the moment, but that's pretty common with launch games. Finland's best gaming magazine always has a one sentence recap after every review, and with Resistance it was "The one of the PS3 launch games that's worth buying." =P

I honestly don't see any PS3 games breaking 10 million this gen, and possibly only Halo 3 doing it with the Xbox 360.

I wasn't aware Halo 2 has such a small attach rate, that's odd, I thought it was considered the better of itself and its predicessor. Hmmmm...

leo-j said:
Bodhesatva said:
mitsuhide said:

Well for it to be greatest hits it should have sold alot of copies. If in North america it sold nearly 1 million copies europe(were killzone is more popular) should have sold 1.25 copies. that adds to 2 million. But your right mitsuhide is incorrect look at it for your self but interestingly killzone made people buy a ps2...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6074945.html

I must have got an uninformed site when i typed into google "sales of killzone for PS2".

It did sell over 2million though it wasnt much of a flop just didnt play very well and the controls were weird. 

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)