By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 outsells Xbox360 by 40% in America since price drop.

naznatips said:

I'm not so sure. GT is a casual game and the PS3 is not a casual system.

Yahh its the casual gamers that spend hours tuning a car to get a lap .1 second faster.

GT is for every one, the hardcre core casual even car nuts that dont care usually care about games buy Gt.

Around the Network
Sqrl said:

I think the point is that many of the people anticipating Halo 3 already have 360s. So yes, Halo 3 will enjoy solid sales no doubt, but it remains to be seen whether it will truly be a huge console mover.

If they couple the Halo 3 launch with a price cut it will be pretty unclear which is the major factor although I would personally suspect that a significant price cut would do more to impact console sales than the release of Halo 3.

That's kind of a circular argument. There's no evidence either way if Halo'ers have already bought a 360. Another person could come along and say everyone who wants MGS4 has bought a PS3, but that doesn't make it true (and judging from the numbers, it's easy to say it ain't true). I still think a good portion of Halo fans are holding out until september. We'll see soon enough.

Every price cut I can remember has occurred in the spring or summer, has there ever been one right before Xmas, when sales are going to be very high anyway?

leo-j said:
bbsin said:
If Halo can keep the Xbox(1) afloat then.... GranTurismo can do the same for pS3, especially if they do the whole GT bundle like always.

If halo can keep the xbox 1 alive then killzone 2 will do the same for the ps3. GT is casual with nice graphics, but killzone 2 is my favorite fps.

Not to be too negative, but how can killzone 2 be your favorite fps when it isn't even out yet =).  Generally people wait to play it before giving it a score on their favo-meter.

Plus, I'm unconvinced killzone 2 will be able to do anything close to Halo numbers.  There aren't enough ps3's out there.

Kytiara said:
leo-j said:
bbsin said:
If Halo can keep the Xbox(1) afloat then.... GranTurismo can do the same for pS3, especially if they do the whole GT bundle like always.

If halo can keep the xbox 1 alive then killzone 2 will do the same for the ps3. GT is casual with nice graphics, but killzone 2 is my favorite fps.

Not to be too negative, but how can killzone 2 be your favorite fps when it isn't even out yet =). Generally people wait to play it before giving it a score on their favo-meter.

Plus, I'm unconvinced killzone 2 will be able to do anything close to Halo numbers. There aren't enough ps3's out there.

By the time its out there will be plenty enough PS3s. 

Around the Network
Kytiara said:
leo-j said:
bbsin said:

Not to be too negative, but how can killzone 2 be your favorite fps when it isn't even out yet =).  Generally people wait to play it before giving it a score on their favo-meter.

Plus, I'm unconvinced killzone 2 will be able to do anything close to Halo numbers.  There aren't enough ps3's out there.

The gameplay looks to good and smooth, when you kill the helghask it gives you a great feeling, even though I havent played it I already think its alot better than resistance.

mM

90% of ps3 owners will get killzone2. I think it will sell as good as halo 3 if my 8 million by killzone release install base predicito is proven true.

mM
leo-j said:
90% of ps3 owners will get killzone2. I think it will sell as good as halo 3 if my 8 million by killzone release install base predicito is proven true.

Ok, even you know that's an exageration.  I hope. 

(Man, that's a lot of Wiis.)

@windbane and leo-j: I just mentioned this in another thread, but Halo2 had about a 30% attach rate. Just wanted to chime in with perspective, not trying to say anyone is right or wrong.

I am glad PS3 is doing better, I don't see how the sales of 2 weeks compared to 360 have any real significance though. This isn't a trend yet, the 60gig is on clearance, I hope Sony sells the 80 gig for $499.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

leo-j said:

Jesus bud, take a few breaths. 90%? You honestly think it has a higher attache rate than a game that comes packed in in all but one territory?

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod