By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 to outsell the 360 by about 1.5million - 2 million units this xmas

There may be a shortage of PS3 in Europe as the distributor of the PS3 in Norway told the press today it will probably not be able to meet demand this christmas.

Around the Network

Some countries in Europe will have a smaller population in the future, like Russia, Italy and probably Germany. While others like the UK, Norway will grow.

i don't think so... its strong market its the US, a market for the 360 its close saturation (its 3 million away last xbox), unless the convince people with broken 360 to get new ones instead of waiting for repair.

and in japan sony have white knight chronicles a game by a respected Level 5

developers of one of the highest selling dragon quest VIII

Hard to say for sure. My guess would be the PS3 by 500k to a mil, maybe a little more. the US economic Crisis clouds everything and makes it all hard to project. Yeah the 360 is a great deal, but if you have your heart set on Socom, LBP, and other Sony titles. another console is not a replacement at any price. With the US going digital in the early '09 some people maybe be looking for not only game consoles, but HD TV's and blu ray. If you fall in that category. a PS3 is a better deal than a 360 and a Blu ray player. There are just too many variables to project this holiday season. only time will tell.

There's a global economic slump. Don't count on a $400 system outselling a $200 one. I'd wait and see.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Dno said:
Fernando said:

A lot of wishful thinking in this thread... you should use more logic and math instead of just guessing.

Care to use logic and math for us?

Logic, mat, I figured hepersonally was planning on buying 2.5 million PS3 and maybe it will happen

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I think price will play a major part. I expect 360 to slaughter PS3 in the States but in Europe & Japan the PS3 should come top. I Think the 360 will outsell PS3 this Xmas but in 2009 the PS3 will begin to really start selling

I'm too lazy to give the sales of last xmas a look

1.5 million is a bit ambitious. if anything it won't be anything over 300k, IF the ps3 does pull into gear in time.

Do you guys really find halo "EXPANSIONS!!" to be system movers???!!! Seriously???!!!

And hasn't alot of the sales this past year been showing the greatest numbers in "Others"??? Is XMAS really so different???

4 ≈ One