By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 to outsell the 360 by about 1.5million - 2 million units this xmas

in my opinion over xams period the ps3 worldwide will outsell the 360 by about 1.5million to 2 million units and i beleive this will be the case because of the uniqueness of little big planet a game that will have massive legs over the xmas period and give the ps3 the casual appeal,this will be the modern day equaivlent of driving sales as gta did for ps2, a game for both casual and core gamers. i also belive games like gears of war 2 and resistance 2 will have no effect on the sales of consoles both titles will sell very well with gears 2 outselling resistance 2 but since they only appeal to hardcore gamers and most hardocre gamers already have a ps3 or 360 they will have very little power in driving sales.

also im expecting a boost in japan for the ps3 this holiday with one key title that the japanese have been waiting for on the ps3 and that is white knight story this combined with little big planet could give the ps3 the boost it needs to get decnt sales in japan and compete with the wii. although i still predict wii to win in japan over the ps3 but hoepfully the gap will be small

Around the Network

i wonder if ps3 will win another week? It happened with MGS4, I wonder if it can happen again....

A lot of wishful thinking in this thread... you should use more logic and math instead of just guessing.

The best scenario for the PS3 is maybe 500k to 1M more than the 360 this holiday.

MS price advantage and US domination will keep Sony from winning as big as you expect.

Fernando said:

A lot of wishful thinking in this thread... you should use more logic and math instead of just guessing.

Care to use logic and math for us?

Around the Network

I stopped reading after the title and "in my opinion". Then checked the replies, and found out that there's a great change your opinion is incorrect.

Okay, but after reading it, I have to say - this has no proof at all. You just said what you wish would happen, and did your best to come up with an excuse for it happening.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

yes the price cut is a big factor in the states and the 360 will have the us market but i belive sony will sell more units this xmas in europe than the 360 will sell in america. and then japan will favour sony hugely over 360 with the release of little big planet and white knight story not to mention the new 80 gig model being relased there

Okay, I expect the Ps3 to win by ~ 600K over the last 2 months. It's going to be somewhere around X360: 4.8M - Ps3: 5.4M.

What do you believe it will be? Do you think Ps3 will sell 6.8M, or that X360 will sell 3.4M, or what?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

mr_gappy said:
yes the price cut is a big factor in the states and the 360 will have the us market but i belive sony will sell more units this xmas in europe than the 360 will sell in america. and then japan will favour sony hugely over 360 with the release of little big planet and white knight story not to mention the new 80 gig model being relased there

The 360 is not chopped liver in Japan. I imagine The Last Remnant should sell briskly in Japan. The 360 should also have an appeal with the inordinate number of exclusives that are seemingly popular in the Japanese market (Tales and IU). The PS3 is not going to outsell the 360 by such a large margin. I find the prospects of it even outselling the 360 to be tenuous. 

For the PS3 to outsell the 360 by two million:

The PS3 should sell a 250,000 every week, starting November, BUT, with the 360 selling zero.

Is not that the 360 will stop selling, specially with all the bundles with free games and the price cut.

The PS3 is selling an average for 150,000 every week worlwide. Let's say that thanks to the bundles or LBP the sales increase by lets say 3 more times, and that the 360 just increase to 300,000 (not even two more times). That's 450k every week for the PS3 and 300k for the 360.

450k x 8 weeks: 3,600,000

300k x 8 weeks: 2,400,000

That's a difference of 1,200,000.

And is one good sceneario for the PS3. You guy are hoping a lot for LBP, but I really don't think it will do wonders for the PS3.