By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 to outsell the 360 by about 1.5million - 2 million units this xmas

Two things are being missed in this thread.

1. LBP is based on internet sharing of user-created levels, a decidedly hardcore activity.

2. The PS3 costs $100-$200 more than most casuals could reasonably be expected to pay for a videogame system, and thats in seasons where the economy ISNT falling down around their ears.

OP has achieved fail.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I love the ps3 but for the ps3 to do that the pes bundle and lbp bundle are gonna have to do some serious numbers which I doubt

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

The bundles may bring back the normal sales of the PS3 back from it's Low from the previous months

BUT

I still think come Christmas month(December), More 360s will be sold than the PS3 since it will be a more practical choice as a gift.

Persona4 = WIN

PSP fanboi

360 will outsell the PS3 this holiday.

The US is were the shopping frenzy is the most insane and that's where the 360 will beat the PS3 dramatically, mainly due to price.

Worldwide it will be close, but since Japan is no advantage anymore for PS3 it means Europe has to become a bigger market than the US all of a sudden, sometthing that won't happen.

^ this thread just go owned =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

Not even slim chance.

Everstar said:
no way this is going to be a great christmas for the 360 we have seen signs of that in September and October with the price cut and should only continue with Fable 2 and Gears 2 then in Januaray they have the new Halo expation comming =)))))))))))))))))))))

It will be tight for both consoles. PS3 has Naruto game, Resistance 2, Valkyria chronicles, Motorstorm 2, Singstar 2, Eternal Sonata, on top of all the multiplat games on 360 but without the lower price of 360.

So cross out fable 2 and gears 2 for lets see r2 and LBP. both have naruto games...., so on top of everything

ms has halo expansion, and ps3 has valk, motorstorm, singstar, sonata

and then they all have multiplats.

It will be a close race.

starcraft said:
Two things are being missed in this thread.

1. LBP is based on internet sharing of user-created levels, a decidedly hardcore activity.
haha, who decided, you? This is basically excitebike online, and everyone had that game.

2. The PS3 costs $100-$200 more than most casuals could reasonably be expected to pay for a videogame system, and thats in seasons where the economy ISNT falling down around their ears.
This is your main point, stick with things that are strong arguments. When you introduce a topic with a weak argument and then follow with a strong argument it has been proven by study that people will reject the really strong point EVEN if it their OWN point of view!!!!

OP has achieved fail.

2 million is a big stretch.
I say it'll be from 500k-1000k.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Benga I will agree with you, except for one thing. The European economy is in a lot better shape right now and, judging from their government and ideologies, they won't be the ones scared to spend.
In the US people are scared all the time.
In europe, government provides almost everything they need, from healthcare to schooling. Even if they are broke they can get by... not like us in the US.