By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 to outsell the 360 by about 1.5million - 2 million units this xmas

You know, a few months back, I would have said that the PS3 was going to hand the X360 it's a$$ this holiday, but the new attractive price point means no way. If the PS3 can do very well in others, it MIGHT be close in the end.

Around the Network
mr_gappy said:
europe is easily gorwing to become a bigger market than the USA especially with lots of new easgtern europe countires joining the EU, this has meant the wealth of these nations are increasing and considering how popular sony is as a brand in eastern europe especially in poland, it would not suprise me if the whole of europe over the holiday season will be greater than america

I would not so quickly pronounce the EU as easily surpassing the US. True, many post-communist states may likely increase their output and their ability to purchase luxury goods. On the other hand, and this is a problem that Japan will also face, there is the decrease and the aging of the population. The US is, to my knowledge, the only major developed nation whose population is expected to increase over the next century.

Point is in Europe, a majority of Eastern Europeans won't be getting any consoles this christmas the crisis is getting worse and people need to start saving money over here. I know for a fact that every household in britain has either a PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii hell if they are lucky then they will have more than two.
I know for a fact that the PS3 is definetly more popular in the Uk atm, just look at the figures. I also know that crisis does affect the sales of PS3 and Xbox 360. Parents prefer the PS3 for their kids because its free online play but on the other had the Xbox is a few £'s cheaper.
I believe that if more people start buying more blu-ray this xmas then the PS3 sales will increase dramatically, that is what Sony are counting on ;)

in europe the ps3 is going to tear a new asshole into the 360 but im america it could gom either way.

Half price yet only does 25k more (pathetic), today's reality shows a bleak future for the 360.

In Europe PS3 will smash 360 in sales.

MS needs Halo 4 badly.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
360 will outsell the PS3 this holiday.

The US is were the shopping frenzy is the most insane and that's where the 360 will beat the PS3 dramatically, mainly due to price.

Worldwide it will be close, but since Japan is no advantage anymore for PS3 it means Europe has to become a bigger market than the US all of a sudden, sometthing that won't happen.

In my oppinion, GTAIV, Eternal Sonata, Little Big Planet, Winning Eleven, Way of Samurai 3 as well as the possible release of WKC and Last Remnant will shift Japan towards PS3 again.

As far as this thread goes, I also think that the PS3 has a chance in outselling hte 360 this holiday. If it does, it will not be by a large margin and will probably mean very little in the long run. 1.5-2 million would be beyond ideal for Sony though.

doesn't some ps3 game have a ff13 demo on it?

theprof00 said:
doesn't some ps3 game have a ff13 demo on it?

FFVII: Advent Children Complete will have 90 minute demo on it. That is not going to be released till March as far as I recall.

is that a movie? That sounds fantastic, I might even import it.

Jackson50 said:

I would not so quickly pronounce the EU as easily surpassing the US. True, many post-communist states may likely increase their output and their ability to purchase luxury goods. On the other hand, and this is a problem that Japan will also face, there is the decrease and the aging of the population. The US is, to my knowledge, the only major developed nation whose population is expected to increase over the next century.

A bit wrong I think. UK's population due to grow and grow to become the biggest in Europe according to recent research.

link : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7583776.stm

Also another little fact : "The EU's statistical office Eurostat also predicts the EU population will be 506m in 2060, up from 495m in 2008." from the same article above.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.