By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ps3 to outsell the 360 by about 1.5million - 2 million units this xmas

theprof00 said:
Everstar said:
no way this is going to be a great christmas for the 360 we have seen signs of that in September and October with the price cut and should only continue with Fable 2 and Gears 2 then in Januaray they have the new Halo expation comming =)))))))))))))))))))))

It will be tight for both consoles. PS3 has Naruto game, Resistance 2, Valkyria chronicles, Motorstorm 2, Singstar 2, Eternal Sonata, on top of all the multiplat games on 360 but without the lower price of 360.

So cross out fable 2 and gears 2 for lets see r2 and LBP. both have naruto games...., so on top of everything

ms has halo expansion, and ps3 has valk, motorstorm, singstar, sonata

and then they all have multiplats.

It will be a close race.

You can't really cross out Gears for Resistance. Gears 2 as of a week or two ago was the second most pre-ordered game on the 360 per Gamestop. As an exclusive it will have a huge showing while having a midnight launch. That kind of hype gets people in stores and those on the sidelines can very well cross the edge.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Benga I will agree with you, except for one thing. The European economy is in a lot better shape right now and, judging from their government and ideologies, they won't be the ones scared to spend.
In the US people are scared all the time.
In europe, government provides almost everything they need, from healthcare to schooling. Even if they are broke they can get by... not like us in the US.

Common! A small economic dip can't stop the American consumer! They'll shop to forget about the crisis. Just wait for Black Friday, it will be oldfashionedly insane.

Also: Europeans don't have that much money to spend as Americans. Average salaries are lower and taxes higher.

None of that is true for R2? From what I hear R2 is turning into a huge deal... But what do I know? I thought what you said would make sense if you changed G2 to R2 and 360 to ps3...

Benga, o yeah i know they have less money, i'm just saying they aren't as afraid to spend money, and spending doesn't hurt them, since they are protected.
I do agree that this black friday might be well the biggest this century... all those people trying to get great deals.

Starcraft,
"2. The PS3 costs $100-$200 more than most casuals could reasonably be expected to pay for a videogame system, and thats in seasons where the economy ISNT falling down around their ears."

I think the price cut isn't such a factor as you are making out. OK so weekly the PS3 is about 20,000 units off the pace of the pace of the 360 with both company's trying to find ways to court the casuals but that's world wide and the gap is shrinking week by week.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network
joshin69 said:
Starcraft,
"2. The PS3 costs $100-$200 more than most casuals could reasonably be expected to pay for a videogame system, and thats in seasons where the economy ISNT falling down around their ears."

I think the price cut isn't such a factor as you are making out. OK so weekly the PS3 is about 20,000 units of the pace off the pace of the 360 with both company's trying to find ways to court the casuals but that's world wide and the gap is shrinking week by week.

This week the 360 should sell more than it did last week with the release of Fable 2 =)

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

theprof00 said:
None of that is true for R2? From what I hear R2 is turning into a huge deal... But what do I know? I thought what you said would make sense if you changed G2 to R2 and 360 to ps3...

Not that I'm aware. I know for certain it has no where near the pre-orders. I've not heard either way that there will be a midnight launch for it either. Even if so it will be no where near Gears 2 levels.

that's a lotta circumstancial evidence and off comparison though.
Numbers work a lot better. If you say GeoW has 4m predorders that would say a lot.

Well, it could go the other way. Eternal Sonta+ Lost Oddesy+ Blue Dragon+Tales of Vespria+Last Remnant+Infinite Undiscovery+ knowing that FF13 and SO4 are coming+ $200 console could make all the JRPG fans flock to 360 this holiday season, killing any chance PS3 had of becoming the JRPG console of this gen. Also, Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata could easily have the same effect as LBP. With the ressesion, I see cheaper consoles doing well. When game systems cost $130/$170/$200/$250/$400, which do you think will sell the worst?

I see Wii and DS doing amazing, with 360 doing quite well, PSP doing almost as well as 360, and PS3 struggling to keep up.

europe is easily gorwing to become a bigger market than the USA especially with lots of new easgtern europe countires joining the EU, this has meant the wealth of these nations are increasing and considering how popular sony is as a brand in eastern europe especially in poland, it would not suprise me if the whole of europe over the holiday season will be greater than america