By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your gaming bias?

! Bump !

Keep posting people !

Around the Network

Nintendo but I'm also partial to oddball games like Katamari and really would love to play Loco Roco & Viva Pinata. Been enjoying Super Stardust on the PS3, too. I tend to play more standard games on my PC.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I'm torn at the moment. I'm all about the console with the most games, but I also like my gaming to be affordable.

Of course, the Wii is the most affordable, but the game offering at the moment is not of my liking. The PS3 will finally have a great game selection come this fall/winter, as well as into 08, but the pricing is not to my liking for now. The 360 has the most games I like at the moment, and it's releases seem to be getting better as time goes on. It's pricing is on the borderline of unacceptable, but a price cut of $100 will push it over into the must have category.

I have a DS Lite and a PSP, at the moment, and they both get equal time, which isn't much lately. Waiting on Square to increase my playtime (FF7:CC and FFIV).

Grew up playing the Playstation and Gameboy and stuck with Playstation because of the games and controller(this sounds lame i know but it is the best of ALL controllers)I had a Gamecube but there werent any games that took my interest and that is why i am holding back from buying a Wii to see how the game library shapes up and at the moment not one game there that will make me buy the Wii.I wouldnt accept a X360 even if it was for free.
Reason for Playstation bias is Final Fantasy,GTA,GT,Onimusha,DynastyWarriors,Kessen and a few others but i cant remember them just too many.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I will say that together with PC, would be the Wii

Is just that right now I'm not getting new Wii games because I don't have money u_u

Around the Network

Home console-ps3

Handheld system-psp

I have good games on the gc but I like ma ps3 better, and I have a ds with sorry games and a psp with good games do tha math and it has a camera.

mM

I'm a Nintendo fan...I grew up on Atari and Sega, but starting with the N64 I've been onboard. I love the 360 though, it's a great, fun system. I haven't seen a PS3 outside a box yet, so I can't really say whether I'd like the PS3 or not.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wii: the reason I'm back to console gaming. Nintendo & Sega games: I grew up with them.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

I'll go with Wii and DS cause those are the only consoles I'll find the great franchises I grew up with and play with a totally new experience. I guess I'm Nintendo biased, but that's because they deliver the high quality games I enjoy playing.

My gaming bias is for games that are fun and entertaining enough to make me forget what time it is. Right now I feel like the Wii is doing that for me the best (out of the 3 consoles, love my PCs), and I think that its success this generation will help spur new innovations from all three companies next generation.

So if the question is which console I prefer to "win" its going to be the wii. But if it is which console I prefer to do well it is all three of them, I think the competition is good for not only the industry but for the gamers who pay to play. But none of that means I am going to not speak my mind when any of the consoles have problems or have dumb execs who spew BS by the bucketfull.

More often than not I suspect I am labeled a Wii fanboy just because I am willing to be critical of Sony or MS mistakes. Ignore the fact that I am critical of the problems the Wii has had also, people just assume that because I say something critical about their favorite console 's problems, then all of a sudden I am "anti" this or that. All the while they ignore the possibility that their favorite console has some flaws that some people may not find that appealing. But really, all three consoles have had problems, but it is not my fault that Sony and MS have had the lion's share of those problems. If a willingness to point out problems and call a company spokesperson on his/her BS makes me a nintendo fanboy then so be it.

PS - My personal opinion on the "fanboy" word is that if the person would have a completely different view of a console if it was made by a different company then they are a fanboy. And I think we most certainly have some people like that who post here. I mean think about it, how many people who post here do you think would like the Wii if it was black and had the "Playstation 3" logo on it? How many would love Xbox Live if it had a PS3 logo? How many would love PS3 if it had a Nintendo or MS logo?

To Each Man, Responsibility