By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your gaming bias?

PC first, wii second.

I've had many hadnhelds, but never played them much. Last one I had was a dslite which I sold after a few months.

Around the Network

PC & Wii - The deadly duo.

PC for all the games the other consoles don't have plus the few also on the 360 that I won't have to buy the system for (Bioshock), and Wii for having the only console-exclusive games I really care much about at this point.

Note that I have a PS2 as well, which I love (not the best piece of hardware, but a good number of games on the system have a special place in me 'eart.)

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm a Nintendo fan...I grew up on Atari and Sega, but starting with the N64 I've been onboard. I love the 360 though, it's a great, fun system. I haven't seen a PS3 outside a box yet, so I can't really say whether I'd like the PS3 or not.

Ha Ha, BenKenobi started out on the Dark Side, who would have though, my first was an Atari as well, but since the NES with Mario and (for me even more important) the first Zelda I never stopped loving their games, later I also got into PC games but Nintendo is still number one.

I currently own a 360 for this gen, but have owned every Nintendo except for GC and DS and every Sony except for PS3. I plan on buying a Wii and eventually a PS3 if I can ever justify the price (I don't care for BlueRay and every game I like on there is already on the 360, except LBP and MGS4 (which I believe will eventually be on the 360, MGS not LBP)).

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

home= PS3/2/1

handheld= PSP, though actually I never get to play it :(

work sucks =P

Around the Network

consoles:

Wii & PS3 ( wii is inovative and im loyal to sony i just cant make enuf god damn $ mowing yards....215 total now making 25 tomarrow)

Handhelds:

DS & PSP (1 ds game.....6 psp games but i dont use it for games =]......)

i use it for music =P

Nintendo

Sqrl said:

PS - My personal opinion on the "fanboy" word is that if the person would have a completely different view of a console if it was made by a different company then they are a fanboy. And I think we most certainly have some people like that who post here. I mean think about it, how many people who post here do you think would like the Wii if it was black and had the "Playstation 3" logo on it? How many would love Xbox Live if it had a PS3 logo? How many would love PS3 if it had a Nintendo or MS logo?

I would smash my PS3 if it had an MS logo on it 

Though if a Wii was black and made by Sony.... I'd burn their HQ to the ground.

o yeah i cant stand MS they suck they need to leave the videogame bussiness IMO

but hey i only hate them b/c my friends would piss me off saying we have halo what do you have.......GOW 1&2 Shadow of the colossus Rachet & Clank Sly Jak and Daxter but all theyd say back is.....xbox is more way more powerful.....

RolStoppable said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
shams said:

RolStoppable said:

Fixed it for ya :D

Oh, and I hope everybody knows where "Henshin a gogo baby" is coming from: Viewtiful Joe.

But of course ;)

Love the game - occasionally pull it out for some more gaming. I can't believe how damned hard it is though. Never got past the world 4(?) boss (underwater sub/missiles level).

How true. I think I wasn't able to get farer either. But is it in the hard (I think they call it normal, but that's just insane) mode that you couldn't get past world four? Because for me, it was the easy mode...

I got stuck in the last half of the 7th (that's the last) level on extreme difficulty in Viewtiful Joe. Well at least I could beat Viewtiful Joe 2 on all difficulty settings.

You guys have to practice more. These games aren't that hard, you just have to know what to do and do it precisely, most of the stuff can be done without losing energy.

Yeah I know that I would have to practice more and that the things in this game can be done easily with a certain strategy, but you still need a lot of time to figure this out, and if there are too many points in a game were I have to figure this out it annoys me.

Besides that, I'm not such a good gamer anyway. I usually finish (and finishing means for me defeating the last boss, not doing all the extra stuff too) action-adventures, platformers and RPG's, but I'm not good at fps and beat'em'ups (and I think Viewtiful Joe is kind of a beat'em'up) for example.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)