By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Nextbox's Name

Xbox XP, Xbox Vista, Xbox Ultimate...

I wonder what color they will make the next console?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
El Duderino said

I don´t think MS will go with another number... 360 makes sence in the hole "every direction possible" way and other numbers don´t do that... so my guess would be a name... infinity is good... maybe something that also has a x in it to make it more catchy...

Xbox eXcalibur

Xbox eX Machina (from the latin "Deus Ex Machina"...eng: "the god from the machine") a perfect fit...

Xbox eXcelsior (also latin for highest form of exelence) also a perfec fit...

all of those could be called Xbox ex for short...

xBOXx

Sounds straightedge or emo.

SW-5120-1900-6153

^^ new focus group right there... how about a Maste Chief with emo hair covering his face ???

Xbox 720 is a likely no as it means pretty much nothing.

Xbox 3 might not be too bad. The number doesn't seem as small against PlayStation 4 as Xbox 2 would seem against PlayStation 3. However, I'm not sure if they still want to use that name as it's smaller anyway.

They don't have any good numbers, though 3 might do it, but they might instead use a word of some sort. They might even go on the path of the Wii and have a total revolution in everything - well, less advanced tech and a new name at least. I wouldn't count on it but it's not impossible either.

Xbox Trios

Around the Network

They should call it the Halo Box because that's all it has! hahaha /joking

But no I'd either go with the majority and say its:

1. Xbox 720 or

2. Xbox (insert subtitle)

Zkuq said:
Xbox 720 is a likely no as it means pretty much nothing.

Xbox 3 might not be too bad. The number doesn't seem as small against PlayStation 4 as Xbox 2 would seem against PlayStation 3. However, I'm not sure if they still want to use that name as it's smaller anyway.

See, that's what I'm saying. Why do people think 720 is even remotely reasonable? There's no meaning there besides being twice 360, and that's it.

Really, all that name is going to accomplish is calling it "two 360s duct-taped together". And we all know how much fun that is.

Besides, people that think "ten-eigh-ty" and "three-six-ty" are long, "se-ven-twen-ty" is longer. Xbox 720 is the most illogical serious possibility people have mentioned in this thread.

Xbox 3 would sound too much like Xbox 360. They can't go that route, for certain. It's pretty much 1080 (the only logical number-based solution left), Infinity, or something entirely different.

SW-5120-1900-6153

DirectXbox
(digital distribution, or download games from store kiosks, also a play on the original name for the xbox.)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive