By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Spanx said:
As long as it comes with:

NO-RROD
GOOD LINE-UP
A GAMEPAD THAT DOESN'T SUCK AND IS REVOLUTTIONARY

It will be a good console, doesn't matter if the name is Shitbox.

No RROD agreed but I got one step further.  No loud fans or disc drives that sound like a shuttle launch, good solid hardware

Game line up - just be as good as this gen and I will be hapy, this has been great

Disagree - the 360 is my favorite gamepad, you can make a revolutionary one optional I want the tradtional stadard one

Agreed xbox 720 is my vote twice as good as the old one..

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
Cueil said:
The Brand Name is really strong... so it will remain Xbox, but the number may very well go. I don't know if they will have anything... perhaps Xbox Generations or something... idk... I'm not one of those people who can think up names

Yeah they have spent billions and two generations to build the xbox name there is 100% no way that wont be in the new name.  I dont think it will be xbox unlimited or anything cause on the windows side MS is dumping names no more windws Xp or Windows Vista they are going to Windows 7.

I think it will be xbox 720 or maybe xbox 3, though then you got the PS4 issue

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Sorry but Xbox 1080 is much to long a name for snappy marketing... no way in hell that will be the name... same for 720... they don´t sound right...

X-Box-ten-eigh-ty... thats five sylablles, far to long... and people would start calling it the thousandeighty... which sounds horrible... try making a appealing comercial with that... no chance... consoles need short names that are easy to remember... if I had any say in it I´d suggest:

X-Brain

Xbox evolution

Xbox 360 reverse + nosegrind

Xbox: Return of the RRod (at least it would prove they have humor)

Pimp-Box

Xball (it hovers over the ground)

PSsucksbox (a little to agressive)

Xii

YBOX then the next one ZBOX, but i think it will have to end there

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

xbox ∞ (xbi) from 360 to infiniti

Around the Network

XBOX to infinity and beyond (that made be trademarked by disney)

How about 'Im an XBOX'

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

El Duderino said:

Sorry but Xbox 1080 is much to long a name for snappy marketing... no way in hell that will be the name... same for 720... they don´t sound right...

X-Box-ten-eigh-ty... thats five sylablles, far to long... and people would start calling it the thousandeighty... which sounds horrible... try making a appealing comercial with that... no chance... consoles need short names that are easy to remember...

X-box-three-six-ty. Already five syllables, buddy. Pay attention. People said that same thing about the 360 when the name was first mentioned, and look what's happening now - the name's considered commonplace now and everybody accepts it. It's not a problem. Not to mention people simply refer to the current system as the "Three-Sixty", so they'll probably just refer to the next as the "Ten-Eighty". Also, "ten-eighty" is the same number of syllables as "three-sixty", but rolls off the tongue much more quickly, since "ten" is shorter than "three". Think about it, man.

and: That "thousand-eighty" problem is very easily fixed with a wonderful thing called marketing. Nobody refers to the 360 as the "x-box three-hundred-sixty". Why? Because it was marketed as the "three-sixty".

The 1080º Snowboarding franchise didn't have trouble being called "one-thousand-eighty" or anything. Why? Because they marketed and labeled it properly. So it wasn't an issue at all.

I understand your trepidation, but seriously. Just think about it and everything you just said makes no sense.

selnor said:
Hmmm. The reason why Xbox 360 has it's name was a business decision. I'm surprised so little know this. If the Xbox 360 was called Xbox 2, the company felt next to PS3 it sounded inferior. 2 against 3. So they came up with 360. From a marketing point of view it is a better decision. So dont read into any of this 360 (complete circle thing).

Way to be way behind in the thread.

Again, I didn't say that was the reason they named it that. Nowhere did I say that at all. I'm talking about using that as reasoning behind the story of the name, a marketing reason. I already said - publicly stating that as the reason is pretty bad marketing.

Who is going to publicly state, "Our brand's name was picked purely because we were scared of the competition." Stockholders would hate that. I guarantee you, that's bad publicity. So you don't state that. You push another reason. And the easiest way to go that route from here out would be to continue a scheme into the next generation.

d21lewis said:
Hopefully, they dump the whole "Xbox" brand.

But they won't. So here's my guess: 2 circles linked together = XBOX Infinity

I like that idea. Definitely a possibility, and definitely a good idea. I think that's definitely a good progression from 1080, and would be a perfect fourth system's name, if the Xbox brand goes that far. Good thinking!

SW-5120-1900-6153

As they get accused of copying Ninty, they should call it:
Xbox: Revolution
an evolution of the 360 circle thing.

thetonestarr said:
El Duderino said:

X-Box-ten-eigh-ty... thats five sylablles, far to long... and people would start calling it the thousandeighty... which sounds horrible... try making a appealing comercial with that... no chance... consoles need short names that are easy to remember...

X-box-three-six-ty. Already five syllables, buddy. Pay attention. People said that same thing about the 360 when the name was first mentioned, and look what's happening now - the name's considered commonplace now and everybody accepts it. It's not a problem. Not to mention people simply refer to the current system as the "Three-Sixty", so they'll probably just refer to the next as the "Ten-Eighty". Also, "ten-eighty" is the same number of syllables as "three-sixty", but rolls off the tongue much more quickly, since "ten" is shorter than "three". Think about it, man.

and: That "thousand-eighty" problem is very easily fixed with a wonderful thing called marketing. Nobody refers to the 360 as the "x-box three-hundred-sixty". Why? Because it was marketed as the "three-sixty".

The 1080º Snowboarding franchise didn't have trouble being called "one-thousand-eighty" or anything. Why? Because they marketed and labeled it properly. So it wasn't an issue at all.

I understand your trepidation, but seriously. Just think about it and everything you just said makes no sense.

selnor said:
Hmmm. The reason why Xbox 360 has it's name was a business decision. I'm surprised so little know this. If the Xbox 360 was called Xbox 2, the company felt next to PS3 it sounded inferior. 2 against 3. So they came up with 360. From a marketing point of view it is a better decision. So dont read into any of this 360 (complete circle thing).

Way to be way behind in the thread.

Again, I didn't say that was the reason they named it that. Nowhere did I say that at all. I'm talking about using that as reasoning behind the story of the name, a marketing reason. I already said - publicly stating that as the reason is pretty bad marketing.

Who is going to publicly state, "Our brand's name was picked purely because we were scared of the competition." Stockholders would hate that. I guarantee you, that's bad publicity. So you don't state that. You push another reason. And the easiest way to go that route from here out would be to continue a scheme into the next generation.

d21lewis said:
Hopefully, they dump the whole "Xbox" brand.

But they won't. So here's my guess: 2 circles linked together = XBOX Infinity

I like that idea. Definitely a possibility, and definitely a good idea. I think that's definitely a good progression from 1080, and would be a perfect fourth system's name, if the Xbox brand goes that far. Good thinking!

Just get over that your idea is stupid already.