By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Xbox 90210

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Around the Network

the Ybox

XBOX 1080! Now with full 1080p resolution in all games!

Xbox Fantasy Verses
Metal Xbox Solid
Xbox May Cry
Grand Theftbox
Gears of Box

Box of Gears 3

I win the thread.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Xbox: Lord of the Rings

""This is the Master-Ring, the One Ring to rule them all.
This is the One Ring lost many years ago,
to the great weakening of its maker's power.
Now, he greatly desires to have it again,
- but he must NOT get it""

For thou shall seek doom and destruction.

Around the Network

The 360 was named so because they not be introducing the XBOX2 to compete with the Playstation 3. So they introduced the XBOX3...60

Everyone should know this.
I sincerely doubt they are dumb enough to stick with "the number scheme" they have not selected any route. they named one console with a number.

I believe the nextbox will have a subtitle/

something along the lines of XBOX zephyr.., XBOX Zion. Or maybe they will drop the XBOX name all together. just call it the Microsoft Zephyr or something.

On second thought, that might be counter-productive. But Microsoft would think of it as a bold move, so I wouldn't put it past them.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

The Brand Name is really strong... so it will remain Xbox, but the number may very well go. I don't know if they will have anything... perhaps Xbox Generations or something... idk... I'm not one of those people who can think up names

maybe call Xbox Mr Gate

thetonestar, you're basing your xbox 1080 assumption off "360 is the number of degrees in a circle - like they took the Xbox and improved on that concept all-around, in each and every aspect. They took the idea of the Xbox and wend full-circle with it."

Which is only half correct, a quarter correct maybe.

If they called it the xbox 2, MS execs beleived it would be seen as a 6th gen console, competing with the PS2. Hence Xbox3 60

My prediction is they'll be even less subtle next gen and simply call it the Xbox5, so it can be seen as a generation ahead of the PS4 :P

ultraslick said:
The 360 was named so because they not be introducing the XBOX2 to compete with the Playstation 3. So they introduced the XBOX3...60

Everyone should know this.

And Microsoft is going to come out and say, "Yeah, we picked our console's name because we were scared of the competition getting a hand up on us."

Uh, hello? No?

I'm simply giving what would be a logical reasoning behind a name scheme.  A (decent) possibility among a thousand others.

SW-5120-1900-6153