By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the ps3 the best choice))) worth $400 compared to 360 pro $300

ceaser92 said:

these are to get the best out of the system

360 arcarde 300 dollars + xbox live 50 dollars+ internet if u want wireless cheapest maybe 70 dollars+ the wireless adapter i think 100 dollars + HD-dvd add on is maybe 60 dollars so in total 580 dollars

ps3 400 dollars + free online + free wireless internet + wireless service cheapest 70 dollars+ Free blu-ray, so in total 470

There are a few flaws in your argument I am a gamer, so I want the best gaming system I can get for my money.  So for $300.00 I get a gaming system that can hook to the internet by ethernet Free, a headset and an HDMI cable.  If I want to play multiplayer online I do need to be a gold member so I will add the price of that cause most gamers who buy a PS3 or 360 play multi online.  I got mine on Amazon for $40.00 13 months.

I do not need and HD DVD player to play games so we can skip that and I dont need wireless adapter I can plug in a cable and works fine.

Total 360 price for system $340.00

PS3 $400.00 , you forget the price for a head set $20.00 (this is why so many people dont talk on PSN) and you forget an HDMI cable $20.00

Total PS3 system price $440.00

For me the math was simple 360 was cheaper.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network

Seems the biggest difference for most people is the price of the wireless adaptor (including me). Of course not a month ago, the 360 wasn't as good of a price as it is now, yet the PS3 is the same price and some of us do not have the luxury of a working and justified RJ45 cable system spralling around the house. Some seemingly do.

Of course, I just can't see why they are still charging so much for it. Consoles down in price but the wireless is not, I mean here in the UK the Wireless costs £55, while the entire console itself in arcade form costs £130....right....

Hmm, pie.

it all depends on the Blu Ray.

Essentially you have MOST of the same games and VERY similar in power. Graphics aren't even an issue because one might surpass the other in one game but the other will kick it's ass in another. resolution vs frame rate etc.

It all comes down to exclusives if you are buying on games alone, that made 360 my choice but th Blu Ray is a NICE little addition if you want that.

friend code Wii: 1974 0901 4063 4699

360 Live SN: Myahon

PSN: Myahon

Myahon said:
it all depends on the Blu Ray.

Essentially you have MOST of the same games and VERY similar in power. Graphics aren't even an issue because one might surpass the other in one game but the other will kick it's ass in another. resolution vs frame rate etc.

It all comes down to exclusives if you are buying on games alone, that made 360 my choice but th Blu Ray is a NICE little addition if you want that.

yeah if you want a blu ray plaer then the cost is probably titlted towards the PS3 to buy

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

another stupid thread about this.

If you NEED wireless and you have no chance of getting a wire into your console to play online, then they are about equal.

If you HAVE a wire connected with your console, the 360 is by far the cheapest.

Like you mentioned, if you want to get the best out of your console, a wire is far superior

Around the Network
ceaser92 said:

360 arcarde 300 dollars + xbox live 50 dollars+ internet if u want wireless cheapest maybe 70 dollars+ the wireless adapter i think 100 dollars + HD-dvd add on is maybe 60 dollars so in total 580 dollars

ps3 400 dollars + free online + free wireless internet + wireless service cheapest 70 dollars+ Free blu-ray, so in total 470

the HD-dvd & the wireless adapter is not necessary thats mean the cost will drop to 350 $ also the 360 arcade cost 200$ not 300$

360 HD-DVD was an optional add-on........... What are sony going to do when blu-ray becomes obsolete?

I was in HMV in oxford street last week (The biggest and most profitable HMV in the UK) And upstairs the the DVD/Blu-ray section all i saw were 3 shelves with Blu-ray movies (Compared to 100+ DVD shelves)

The ps3 is good value for money if you buy Blu-ray films

If you dont then 360 is unquestionably better value

Depends what games you're aiming to play. I got my PS3 for $400+, never used it for blu-ray, haven't touched it in 2 months for any gaming because I'm STILL waiting for games I want to play. Got my 360 pro in June for $215 (wait for ebay live 30% off, they had it just this past weekend) + amazon $39.99 13 month live subscription) + plenty of used games for cheap and been playing it 10+hours per week although I have full time work and part time grad school. Personally, even if the PS3 was $300, I still think the 360 is a better deal at this point if I want a GAME CONSOLE.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

i say get the ps3, but it'll be cool to own 360, but still i'd rather stick to my ps3.

xman said:
ceaser92 said:

There are a few flaws in your argument I am a gamer, so I want the best gaming system I can get for my money.  So for $300.00 I get a gaming system that can hook to the internet by ethernet Free, a headset and an HDMI cable.  If I want to play multiplayer online I do need to be a gold member so I will add the price of that cause most gamers who buy a PS3 or 360 play multi online.  I got mine on Amazon for $40.00 13 months.

I do not need and HD DVD player to play games so we can skip that and I dont need wireless adapter I can plug in a cable and works fine.

Total 360 price for system $340.00

PS3 $400.00 , you forget the price for a head set $20.00 (this is why so many people dont talk on PSN) and you forget an HDMI cable $20.00

Total PS3 system price $440.00

For me the math was simple 360 was cheaper.

Thats for one year of xbox 360...how many years do you plan on playing online.......