By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the ps3 the best choice))) worth $400 compared to 360 pro $300

mwjw696 said:

Look you already have a metal gear icon, and Microsoft paid them to do it Sig... Why did you even post this crap (like we have not see it more times then ****) ? We dont need anymore flame bait, and your a bitch just for posting this in the first place. Go back to humping your PS3!

Flaming?  Trolling?  C'mon, you know better than that.

Around the Network
ceaser92 said:
mwjw696 said:
Look you already have a metal gear icon, and Microsoft paid them to do it Sig... Why did you even post this crap (like we have not see it more times then you have seen pussy) ? We dont need anymore flame bait, and your a bitch just for posting this in the first place. Go back to humping your PS3!

no wonder u commented all mad, u have a halo 3 sig, dude why even comment just keep that bullshit to yourself, just go skydiving without the parachute, then i'll be happy

And your response was no better.

xman said:
kabhold said:
xman said:
ceaser92 said:

these are to get the best out of the system

360 arcarde 300 dollars + xbox live 50 dollars+ internet if u want wireless cheapest maybe 70 dollars+ the wireless adapter i think 100 dollars + HD-dvd add on is maybe 60 dollars so in total 580 dollars

ps3 400 dollars + free online + free wireless internet + wireless service cheapest 70 dollars+ Free blu-ray, so in total 470

There are a few flaws in your argument I am a gamer, so I want the best gaming system I can get for my money.  So for $300.00 I get a gaming system that can hook to the internet by ethernet Free, a headset and an HDMI cable.  If I want to play multiplayer online I do need to be a gold member so I will add the price of that cause most gamers who buy a PS3 or 360 play multi online.  I got mine on Amazon for $40.00 13 months.

I do not need and HD DVD player to play games so we can skip that and I dont need wireless adapter I can plug in a cable and works fine.

Total 360 price for system $340.00

PS3 $400.00 , you forget the price for a head set $20.00 (this is why so many people dont talk on PSN) and you forget an HDMI cable $20.00

Total PS3 system price $440.00

For me the math was simple 360 was cheaper.

Thats for one year of xbox 360...how many years do you plan on playing online.......

Who says Live will cost money next year?  Even if I play next year and the year after that its still cheaper, also in my opinion live is better than PSN

Live is a annual subscription, so it will cost you every year, how is that cheaper than free?  PSN has two major advantages to live, 1, it's FREE. 2, some of the games have dedicated servers instead of peer to peer.  To my knowledge, no 360 game has a dedicated server.  For those of us who play CoD4, this means no "host ended game" crap.  This is a result of peer to peer servers.

kjj4t9rdad said:
xman said:
kabhold said:
xman said:
ceaser92 said:

these are to get the best out of the system

360 arcarde 300 dollars + xbox live 50 dollars+ internet if u want wireless cheapest maybe 70 dollars+ the wireless adapter i think 100 dollars + HD-dvd add on is maybe 60 dollars so in total 580 dollars

ps3 400 dollars + free online + free wireless internet + wireless service cheapest 70 dollars+ Free blu-ray, so in total 470

There are a few flaws in your argument I am a gamer, so I want the best gaming system I can get for my money.  So for $300.00 I get a gaming system that can hook to the internet by ethernet Free, a headset and an HDMI cable.  If I want to play multiplayer online I do need to be a gold member so I will add the price of that cause most gamers who buy a PS3 or 360 play multi online.  I got mine on Amazon for $40.00 13 months.

I do not need and HD DVD player to play games so we can skip that and I dont need wireless adapter I can plug in a cable and works fine.

Total 360 price for system $340.00

PS3 $400.00 , you forget the price for a head set $20.00 (this is why so many people dont talk on PSN) and you forget an HDMI cable $20.00

Total PS3 system price $440.00

For me the math was simple 360 was cheaper.

Thats for one year of xbox 360...how many years do you plan on playing online.......

Who says Live will cost money next year?  Even if I play next year and the year after that its still cheaper, also in my opinion live is better than PSN

Live is a annual subscription, so it will cost you every year, how is that cheaper than free?  PSN has two major advantages to live, 1, it's FREE. 2, some of the games have dedicated servers instead of peer to peer.  To my knowledge, no 360 game has a dedicated server.  For those of us who play CoD4, this means no "host ended game" crap.  This is a result of peer to peer servers.

kj don't worry about it.  You can't argue with that kind of mindset...no matter what; they're right, your wrong.  Sometimes you gotta let things go.  Like this argument. :)

Ronster316 said:
Spankey said:
Ronster316 said:
360 HD-DVD was an optional add-on........... What are sony going to do when blu-ray becomes obsolete?

I was in HMV in oxford street last week (The biggest and most profitable HMV in the UK) And upstairs the the DVD/Blu-ray section all i saw were 3 shelves with Blu-ray movies (Compared to 100+ DVD shelves)

The ps3 is good value for money if you buy Blu-ray films

If you dont then 360 is unquestionably better value

In the unlikely event the Blu Ray format ever does become obsolete, SONY don't need to do anything about the PS3 having one. It already plays DVD's (and damned well too imo), and remember that PS3 games are made on Blu Ray disks. SONY would have no need or reason to take it out.

If Blu-ray movies die like beetamax, HD-DVD and UMD movies ect then how could sony possibly justify the price tag that the ps3 is at? Yes, games on ps3 are on Blu-ray, But if you can't watch movies on your ps3 then what advantages does it have exactly over the 360?...... let me guess, Wi-fi right (somthing 90% of people could not give a toss about)

Blu-ray movie sales are simply not taking off and its decline will be just one more of many reasons my people won't bother buying a ps3 at the price it currently stands at.........

Lastly, Would the price of the ps3 go down if one of its so called biggest assets (Been able to play blu-ray movies) was no longer to be?

Ps3 has bulit in blu-ray for the purpose of both games and movies like you said........ So personally i still dont think they could afford to reduce the ps3 wether theres blu-ray films still around in 2 years time or not

Catch 22

Blu Ray won't die it is at the market right now. it won the war for this gen of movie format.

it could last a lot, I guess as dvd did.

and I heard that BR is getting a fast acceptance. and ur assumptions are just crazy theories.

F.U. Fun University.