By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the ps3 the best choice))) worth $400 compared to 360 pro $300

ahcheng said:
not really!!!

LOL this guy is quickly becoming my favorite poster in all of vgchartz.

Around the Network
kabhold said:

Don't be the poster child of hypocrisy.  And you don't win arguments by insulting other people.  It makes you look ignorant and causes you to lose all respect when you do

You don't win an arguement with someone who is stealth trolling. You just get a few kicks out of it while the thread lasts.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
kabhold said:

Don't be the poster child of hypocrisy.  And you don't win arguments by insulting other people.  It makes you look ignorant and causes you to lose all respect when you do

You don't win an arguement with someone who is stealth trolling. You just get a few kicks out of it while the thread lasts.

ehhh.  nm have fun then :)

The problem with listing hardware specs is that the best games console has never been decided by how fast it is or how many superfluous features it has. A console is defined solely by its games. Comparing the ps3 and 360 by specs does a disservice to the 360 because it denies all its great games it has from even entering the equation. It also does a disservice to the ps3 because it implies it can only wins in terms of specs (which is the least important thing for a console).

FaRmLaNd said:
The problem with listing hardware specs is that the best games console has never been decided by how fast it is or how many superfluous features it has. A console is defined solely by its games. Comparing the ps3 and 360 by specs does a disservice to the 360 because it denies all its great games it has from even entering the equation. It also does a disservice to the ps3 because it implies it can only wins in terms of specs (which is the least important thing for a console).

I see what you're saying.... but tell that to the Dreamcast.

Around the Network

You've got me:P However we aren't talking about a macro level of percieved value (as this forum is hardly a large enough sample size for that), in which case the wii would invaribly win anyway. My point for the individual consumer has and always will be the same, if it isn't about the games then why get a games console?

FaRmLaNd said:

You've got me:P However we aren't talking about a macro level of percieved value (as this forum is hardly a large enough sample size for that), in which case the wii would invaribly win anyway. My point for the individual consumer has and always will be the same, if it isn't about the games then why get a games console?

WTF your comment just grew by 400% in the last few seconds..lol.  Honestly there are a few factors in play.  Exclusives.  Many people have bought consloes for just one game.  Video playback (new in the last two generations(ex. ps2 (ex my mom bought a ps2 as a dvd player becuae it was the cheapest one out there)))). Graphics. Always.  But overall it was how much "fun" each one delivered....I'ts changed since the ps2/xbox.  now I'ts functionality vs. Fun vs price.  I love Nintendo games but i hate all the games they don't make 90% of the time.  I hate paying for internet gaming when I already pay for an ISP.  I love bluray but hate the Ps3 costed so damn much.  Who's the winner??  not me. 

Yeah lol, the waters have muddied significantly as of late, I think anyone will agree with you there. The market is becoming big enough to support multiple consoles very well at once. Both in the home console and in the portable markets, is it a bad thing? To ones wallet it certainly is.

FaRmLaNd said:
Yeah lol, the waters have muddied significantly as of late, I think anyone will agree with you there. The market is becoming big enough to support multiple consoles very well at once. Both in the home console and in the portable markets, is it a bad thing? To ones wallet it certainly is.

I  concur. :)

FilaBrasileiro said:
ahcheng said:
not really!!!

LOL this guy is quickly becoming my favorite poster in all of vgchartz.

Me too oddly...so cute.

On subject...kinda. that Wireles adaptor is M$ hidden little gem in this whole thing. Wii and PS3 come with wireless built in. Practically all new PCs come with one built in. Most modern households will have a wireless internet connection unless you are lucky enough to have to have perfect LAN cabling round your house and all the way too you living room TV. You can get a wireless USB or PC card for less then £20.

Yet 360s after all those price drops is still £55 in most place or more. £160 for the Pro? yeah right. It's still £210 to me.

Hmm, pie.