By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the ps3 the best choice))) worth $400 compared to 360 pro $300

It's all down to personal opinion!

Some just want the basic Arcade system and a memory card and thats it - they aren't bothered about online play, they aren't bothered about getting HDD etc. They just want to play games. That's where the 360 is a winner!

Others like me - and for the record I deem myself to be a semi-casual player.

Looked at both systems and what they both offered, what I needed to play online when I want etc and deemed the PS3 to be better value for money for me.

& Quite frankly at the time I was looking to get a 360 or PS3, I found all the different SKU's for the 360 and various accessories I might need damn confusing - where as the PS3 had everything I needed & more in 1 box!

I still hold no regrets - Since my initial purchase I have bought an Xbox360 - but it was a 2nd Hand unit offered to me with extras I couldn't refuse. I looked at connecting to Live, but the price of Live and the accessories did put me off!

Around the Network

@Kabhold I myself do not own a PS3 and don't know if it can or can not upconvert DVDs, I know it's scaler is more limited than the 360 (but once again I don't know if it can or can't).

If it were me I myself would never create a thread to compare the prices of either console, I believe it's too hard to decide in price, and can only by compared one's own self priorities. If you enjoy Blu-Ray and watching movies in true 1080p than you will benefit more from the PS3 obviously, if you enjoy a better online system than 360 is the way to go, with both of them you have to pay. Blu-Ray costs more than DVDs, Live isn't free. When I was faced with the decision of either a PS3 or Xbox I didn't look at price, or Blu-Ray, Mistwalker and ToV steered me toward 360. (I have followed the Tales series since PS1 for me it's like FF to others)

The OP was asking for the best from each system, and the closest way I could compare would be to use the 360's upscaling ability with HDMI because HD-DVD is dead. If HD-DVD was alive and kicking than yes I wouldn't mind him adding that HD-DVD add on price, and than I would agree that yes the PS3 is better if you want a system to watch true HD movies and play amazing games.

I apologize if you were offended by my choices in comparison (you seem to be an intelligent poster and I didn't want to offend anyone in my post but to merely show the OP his post was horribly written), I can redo it but it would be a flawed comparison still. The reason once again is because HD-DVD is dead. You can get a HD-DVD add on for 50 new on Amazon, however because HD-DVD titles are so slashed as a result of a dead format I simply felt that it wouldn't be fair to compare and at the same time selection would also be more limited. As a movie collector with over hundreds of DVDs I would not be able to bring myself to buy a HD-DVD add on at this point. I hope this post finds it's way to you and you don't view me as a biased idiotic fanboy.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:
@Kabhold I myself do not own a PS3 and don't know if it can or can not upconvert DVDs, I know it's scaler is more limited than the 360 (but once again I don't know if it can or can't).

If it were me I myself would never create a thread to compare the prices of either console, I believe it's too hard to decide in price, and can only by compared one's own self priorities. If you enjoy Blu-Ray and watching movies in true 1080p than you will benefit more from the PS3 obviously, if you enjoy a better online system than 360 is the way to go, with both of them you have to pay. Blu-Ray costs more than DVDs, Live isn't free. When I was faced with the decision of either a PS3 or Xbox I didn't look at price, or Blu-Ray, Mistwalker and ToV steered me toward 360. (I have followed the Tales series since PS1 for me it's like FF to others)

The OP was asking for the best from each system, and the closest way I could compare would be to use the 360's upscaling ability with HDMI because HD-DVD is dead. If HD-DVD was alive and kicking than yes I wouldn't mind him adding that HD-DVD add on price, and than I would agree that yes the PS3 is better if you want a system to watch true HD movies and play amazing games.

I apologize if you were offended by my choices in comparison (you seem to be an intelligent poster and I didn't want to offend anyone in my post but to merely show the OP his post was horribly written), I can redo it but it would be a flawed comparison still. The reason once again is because HD-DVD is dead. You can get a HD-DVD add on for 50 new on Amazon, however because HD-DVD titles are so slashed as a result of a dead format I simply felt that it wouldn't be fair to compare and at the same time selection would also be more limited. As a movie collector with over hundreds of DVDs I would not be able to bring myself to buy a HD-DVD add on at this point. I hope this post finds it's way to you and you don't view me as a biased idiotic fanboy.

First.  Well said

Second.  is Vesparia that good?   I love RPG's and if you compare it to FF... I'm sold.  I'll check ebay for a used copy.

Look you already have a metal gear icon, and Microsoft paid them to do it Sig... Why did you even post this crap (like we have not see it more times then ****) ? We dont need anymore flame bait, and your a bitch just for posting this in the first place. Go back to humping your PS3!

"Leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game company’s, who don't know or care about you!"

the original price comparisons are crap..
Who would ever pay $60 for an HDDVD player now?
I remember stores were selling them for $20 new to clear stock a while back.
in retrospect, maybe I should have bought one.

but the answer is simple.
The PS3 hardware is better , so the PS3 is the better value. Thats not even considering feature for feature each system offers, (which IMO is also in the PS3's favor)

bring on the nextbox!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network
mwjw696 said:
Look you already have a metal gear icon, and Microsoft paid them to do it Sig... Why did you even post this crap (like we have not see it more times then you have seen pussy) ? We dont need anymore flame bait, and your a bitch just for posting this in the first place. Go back to humping your PS3!

lol

buy whatever u like .... i bought my PS3 because i still dont lose hope on it.

OP, here's some advice:

Take your username - r92 = Super fun happy time for everyone and you not looking like an idiot.

Here's a piece of info ALMOST as crazy fanboyish as yours:

What's the point of spending $400 on a PS3 when there are only 2 good games on it that I can't find anywhere else. You play $400 to play 2 games? LOL EPIC FAIL ROFL.
$400 to play 2 good games, or $300 to play 50?

The HD DVD is dead but is cheap. There plenty of titles already out at $10 each. The external driver is $50 on amazon, so if you a similar experience to the ps3(not quite the same) you could do it.
The thing is, the ps3 ads more value. It´s projected to be a hub media, while the x360 is a place where you play games only. By the way 90 % of them are avaible in the ps3.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

and how much can you get a wireless bluetooth set for your PS3? how about a HDMI cable?

This is just one way to justify spending so much money on a ps3 and it works, thing is you CAN play online with no wireless adapter for the 360 and most people i know do not have it.