By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the ps3 the best choice))) worth $400 compared to 360 pro $300

these are to get the best out of the system

360 arcarde 300 dollars + xbox live 50 dollars+ internet if u want wireless cheapest maybe 70 dollars+ the wireless adapter i think 100 dollars + HD-dvd add on is maybe 60 dollars so in total 580 dollars

ps3 400 dollars + free online + free wireless internet + wireless service cheapest 70 dollars+ Free blu-ray, so in total 470

Around the Network

not really!!!

Well I have had a 360 since launch and I have yet to get a wireless adapter or HD-DVD add-on. And won't.

JaggedSac said:
Well I have had a 360 since launch and I have yet to get a wireless adapter or HD-DVD add-on. And won't.

you didnt get the question did u

i wouldn't count the HD DVD add on for the 360 but yes PS3 is still the better deal imo

Around the Network

When you factor in everything then the ps3 is more bang for the buck, but when you just include stuff just to be able to play a game, which most casuals care about then i think they would pick the 360 every time.

Sony have done good to get the ps3 price so low for what it gives you, the thing is do most people care about all of that when they see the price, with hidden costs like with the 360, it makes the console seem cheaper, and when you buy the things to get it up to standard week by week as you notice the features it is lacking you dont realise how uch money you have spent on it.

Microsoft are very clever in that respect and i say hats off to them.

ceaser92 said:
JaggedSac said:

Wireless adapter would in no way change my experience with the system, so am not sure how it would be better.  Also, HD-DVD would not be an improvement.

JaggedSac said:
ceaser92 said:
JaggedSac said:

Wireless adapter would in no way change my experience with the system, so am not sure how it would be better.  Also, HD-DVD would not be an improvement.

i said to get the best out of the system so all around

For me? Yes.

For everyone (as a universal truth)? No.

yes, especially if you don't have blu ray player.

even so without blu ray ps3 its still a great media hub, with a huge selection of games.

sadly gran turism5 wasn't ready for 2008 =/