By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the ps3 the best choice))) worth $400 compared to 360 pro $300

well, to get the most out of your experience, I would say 300$+50$live while PS3 would be 400$+(whatever component cables/hdmi cables cost)+40$bluetooth headset.

Around the Network
ceaser92 said:
JaggedSac said:
Well I have had a 360 since launch and I have yet to get a wireless adapter or HD-DVD add-on. And won't.

you didnt get the question did u

Its not really a question is it? Could it be a rather lame attempt to show extra value in the ps3 vs the 360. I am leaning towards yes.

Can some one tell me if you get a remote control with the PS3? or is that an add-on?

I wouldnt want to use the ps3 controller to view all the special bluray features

Predictions JAN 08

2008 PS3-19.5M(actual 19.5) XBOX360-23M(actual 27.5) Wii - 37M(actual 45.8M)

End of 2009 PS3-27 25M XBOX360-30 35M Wii - 48 63M (revised DEC 08)

Price Point
Mid 2008 Wii $250 Xbox360$249 Xbox360(HDD)$299 PS3 $399

Mid 2009 Wii $189 Xbox360$199 Xbox360(HDD)$249 PS3 $339

Mid 2010 Wii $ 149 Xbox360$159 Xbox360(HDD)$199 PS3 $289

Hawkeye said:
Best choice for what? If you want to play a large quantity of hardcore games at a low price, buying a $200 360 arcade and buying used and players choice games for $20-$35 is your best option.

That's where we differ.. i prefere a large sum of quality games for my system :p

comon man ! you practically asked for it the way your sentence was put together XD

Anyways... op.. doesn't really seem like you were trying to honestly ask a question but rather tell people your opinion. While i agree with you that the ps3 is of better value you can't really expect everyone else to do so.. especially not when you "build" the op like that.

Check out my game about moles ^

@ceaser I'm guessing you don't have a 360 since you didn't add that 360 Pro comes with a headset and a PS3 don't so why don't you add those costs in? Also component cables, 360s come with those, I'm not sure if things have changed but last I remember is that Sony does not package component cables with their PS3.

Or instead of buying a HD-DVD player a 360 owner can just buy a HDMI cable for around 25-40 dollars online and watch upscaled DVDs (why buy HD-DVD when it's a dead format that's not the best experience to me) in 1080p or i.

So let's get this right, add headset price to the PS3, add hdmi cables to PS3. Add average amount of Blu-Ray movies a PS3 owner buys a year, add price of HDMI cable to 360 and average amount of DVDs people buy a year. Oh and XBL is not 50 dollars a year, you can easily score 13 months for 40. Also take away the wireless adapter for the 360, you said MOST out of your experience. Last I remember ethernet still PWNS wireless when it comes to gaming. Here I'll do the math for you.

Xbox Pro $300, 13 months of live $40, HDMI cable we'll say $30, I'll say the average amount of movies a person buys per year is 7 at $20 each. (I buy around 20, so I believe I'm giving the PS3 an advantage here) making it $510. Not to mention if you buy less than 7 DVD titles a year, there's no point to HDMI imo.

PS3 $400, headset I'll say around $25 (I used froogle and looked for the cheapest headset, I found 7-15 dollar headsets but they are either used or refurbished, personally I would never put a headset on of someone I didn't know.) HDMI cable $30, 7 Blu Ray titles at 30 dollars making the total price $665.

Now Sales tax, sales tax in California is %8.25, let's take tax of somewhere else because I feel that's not fair (California has highest sales tax in US). Let's say you live in a state with %4 percent sales tax. If you buy all that HDMI and headset stuff online there'd be no tax so add $12 to cost of Xbox and $16 to price of PS3.

If however you buy all your stuff at stores than add $26.6 to PS3 total and $20.4 to the Xbox. Now If I wanted to be more accurate I could also add up energy bills, which the 360 uses less of.

I don't hate PS3 or dislike it, but the fact is it's more expensive, if you had posted this a month ago before price cuts I might've agreed with you.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network
Grahamhsu said:

@ceaser I'm guessing you don't have a 360 since you didn't add that 360 Pro comes with a headset and a PS3 don't so why don't you add those costs in? Also component cables, 360s come with those, I'm not sure if things have changed but last I remember is that Sony does not package component cables with their PS3.

Or instead of buying a HD-DVD player a 360 owner can just buy a HDMI cable for around 25-40 dollars online and watch upscaled DVDs (why buy HD-DVD when it's a dead format that's not the best experience to me) in 1080p or i.

So let's get this right, add headset price to the PS3, add hdmi cables to PS3. Add average amount of Blu-Ray movies a PS3 owner buys a year, add price of HDMI cable to 360 and average amount of DVDs people buy a year. Oh and XBL is not 50 dollars a year, you can easily score 13 months for 40. Also take away the wireless adapter for the 360, you said MOST out of your experience. Last I remember ethernet still PWNS wireless when it comes to gaming. Here I'll do the math for you.

Xbox Pro $300, 13 months of live $40, HDMI cable we'll say $30, I'll say the average amount of movies a person buys per year is 7 at $20 each. (I buy around 20, so I believe I'm giving the PS3 an advantage here) making it $510. Not to mention if you buy less than 7 DVD titles a year, there's no point to HDMI imo.

PS3 $400, headset I'll say around $25 (I used froogle and looked for the cheapest headset, I found 7-15 dollar headsets but they are either used or refurbished, personally I would never put a headset on of someone I didn't know.) HDMI cable $30, 7 Blu Ray titles at 30 dollars making the total price $665.

Now Sales tax, sales tax in California is %8.25, let's take tax of somewhere else because I feel that's not fair (California has highest sales tax in US). Let's say you live in a state with %4 percent sales tax. If you buy all that HDMI and headset stuff online there'd be no tax so add $12 to cost of Xbox and $16 to price of PS3.

If however you buy all your stuff at stores than add $26.6 to PS3 total and $20.4 to the Xbox. Now If I wanted to be more accurate I could also add up energy bills, which the 360 uses less of.

I don't hate PS3 or dislike it, but the fact is it's more expensive, if you had posted this a month ago before price cuts I might've agreed with you.

My eyebrows were just singed off from that wicked burn.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

What the fuck is the drug today?

EURO, Scandinavia: Xbox 360 PRO - 201,31 EURO (Cheapest)
NA : XBOX 360 ARCADE - 200 $

And Xbox live > PSN.

Big time!

Gnizmo said:
ceaser92 said:
JaggedSac said:
ceaser92 said:
JaggedSac said:
Well I have had a 360 since launch and I have yet to get a wireless adapter or HD-DVD add-on. And won't.

Wireless adapter would in no way change my experience with the system, so am not sure how it would be better.  Also, HD-DVD would not be an improvement.

i said to get the best out of the system so all around

Well then you will want to buy a 500gb HDD for your PS3 which runs about $150 and then you need Qore for the exclusive demos and news which is another $25 annually so you would need $645 for the PS3 making it much more expensive. See I can add stupid and over-priced add-ons too.

Don't be the poster child of hypocrisy.  And you don't win arguments by insulting other people.  It makes you look ignorant and causes you to lose all respect when you do

Gnizmo said:
ceaser92 said:
JaggedSac said:
ceaser92 said:
JaggedSac said:

Wireless adapter would in no way change my experience with the system, so am not sure how it would be better.  Also, HD-DVD would not be an improvement.

i said to get the best out of the system so all around

Well then you will want to buy a 500gb HDD for your PS3 which runs about $150 and then you need Qore for the exclusive demos and news which is another $25 annually so you would need $645 for the PS3 making it much more expensive. See I can add stupid and over-priced add-ons too.

Gnizmo, you know the best experience for the PS3 has to have a better hard drive than just 500gb. We are talking about THE BEST EXPERIENCE! Let's go 1TB!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

RDBRaptor said:
Grahamhsu said:

My eyebrows were just singed off from that wicked burn.

What....?  You included Bluray purchases that the XBOX can't even play and give the advantage to them....PST! they both can play DVD's! So why make a situation where 1 owner buys Bluray and the other buys DVDs????  That makes no sense!!!!As if that a downside to the Ps3?  "Oh no the Ps3 is so much more expensive because you have to buy blu-ray discs if you buy one".   And add how many years of XBOX live fees??  Hmmmmm  Not buying it.