By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WII sales die down?

do you guys think the Wii will lose steam after this holiday season?

Around the Network

never!!!!

Probably tomorrow....

More realistically I expect it to be readily available on shelves by spring '09 but I wouldn't be shocked/confused if it took longer considering I figured something similar for this year.

im guessing you havent seen this

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=39727

We have had this thread both years so far... I don't think it's going to suddenly die, thus far it has only gone down to selling like a mortal console despite posting high numbers. It's really difficult to say but I think it may die a little after this holiday season only to boost with some sort of bundle, price drop or new colors.

You have to remember thus far 360 and PS3 have seen multiple iterations(models), bundles and colors(PS3 only in Japan to my knowledge) and at least 1 price drop.

Around the Network

When the download content for GTA IV is released.

March-June 2010. But it may go to being crazy again. Also, this is if there are no price drops. I predict there will be one by then. So it could be March-June 2011.

Whats this Wii you speak of. I haven't heard anything about this.

Oh wait was that, that fad that was around a couple years ago. I think I remember hearing about that once. Didn't really pay it no heed though, all fads pass and so did the Wii

irstupid said:
Whats this Wii you speak of. I haven't heard anything about this.

Oh wait was that, that fad that was around a couple years ago. I think I remember hearing about that once. Didn't really pay it no heed though, all fads pass and so did the Wii

Do you mean the "fad" that is still outselling the HD consoles combined?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

The answer is obviously when the Wii 2 is released.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.