By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will WII sales die down?

This thread should be full of great quotes to use for later....

muahahaha

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network
PandaexpressPanda said:

do you guys think the Wii will lose steam after this holiday season?

After April 2007, I stopped trying to predict when Wii demand would settle down. There's simply no way to measure demand for it right now, and thus no way to predict anything.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Grampy said:

I think that is impossible to answer until we get a chance to see the impact of motion plus. For my money, it's going to be a whole new ball game; as big a leap from the current Wiimote as the Wiimote was a leap from the old thumb wiggler pads.

Technology-wise and control-wise, sure.  My fear with Wii Motion Plus is it could add complexity to the purchase of Wii games (along with negative aspects of congative dissonance) and dampen Wii enthusiam  as much as it was meant to help it.

The impending "Wii Storage" expansion is another possible marketing nightmare for Nintendo, and I expect even now, they are comtemplating doing nothing.

Griffin said:

I know the wii is dominating each week in Europe in comparsion to the other systems, but i had no idea how it was doing in comparsion to last year.

It's cool bro. Maybe I was a little unnecessarily harsh. My bad. I forget that sometimes I misunderstand folks meanings,or fail to translate them correctly.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I would say 2-4 years from now Wii will die down, and in 3-6 years Wii will die.

Around the Network

i think da wii(tard)lol wil die wen lital beg plantent comes out cuz NOONE CAN BET SACKBOY!!!!!

btw Im kidding dont ban  me lol

It would be atrocious to think that the Wii will die after this holidays are over. That's a wish you can make to the lamp genie, though he doesn't exist so it won't happen.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Viper1 said:
Wii sales will die down May 22, 2009. I know this because I'm from the future and it's the only frikkin way possible to know when Wii will die down before the next generation starts.

I confirm this. I've seen him come back from the future and try to kill John Connor. I've been hiding him away. You'll never find him!

Probably this will be the biggest hollyday for the Wii, Wii music and Wii fit will move all the consoles :S of the shelves...

We haven´t see any price cut, new bundles, colors, etc... is really hard to predict how long will the success last...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
ZenfoldorVGI said:
The answer is obviously when the Wii 2 is released.

This would be my answer. 2012. It will begin a slow decline similar to all generation leading consoles. i.e. look as PS2 sales trend the last few years.