By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So has anyone bought WipeOut HD from PSN today?

Torillian said:
It's a lot of fun and an extremely beautiful game. I also really enjoy how they used audio. That said, I only wish there was more to it, more tracks essentially. Not enough of a great thing I suppose.

They could easily add extra tracks at a later date, could they not?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Adding extra tracks at a later date is possible, but I can only comment on the game that's before me, not on what they may or may not happen.

@Torillian
A fair point but for £12, the amount of game you get is almighty to be honest. I've know full priced games with less. Heck, original Motorstorm didn't even have local 2 player, that's more important to me then amount of tracks.

Hmm, pie.

I've never played a Wipeout game before. I downloaded Wipeout HD last night and played it for a few hours. I had a lot of fun with it, both online and off. It's a beautiful game, and it looks amazing on an HDTV. Definitely worth the money.

Wow, some very positive impressions here.

I think you guys have convinced me to make a purchase.

Around the Network

Are there any plans on releasing this on a disk? Kind of like how they did with Quest for Booty?

Yeh. Really good.

Ynwa.

Great game, had a lot of fun with it so far... Online multiplayer, Extremely smooth & crisp graphics. Custom soundtracks are great for a game with a limited techno soundtrack like this and are handled through the audio options in game, not through in game xmb. Also trophies are a nice addition as well.

PSN - Chefsean2006

jankazimierz said:
Are there any plans on releasing this on a disk? Kind of like how they did with Quest for Booty?

I'm pretty sure there isn't.

I haven't anything saying it wont, but as far as I know, this is only supposed to be a small downloadable 'Greatest Hits' version of WipEout, before a full release comes out. Which is why i think it wont happen.

Get. this. game. It's that good. 'nuff said

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it