By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So has anyone bought WipeOut HD from PSN today?

It's awesome, some of the best graphics I've ever seen. And the online is 100% smooth, no lag at all. Funny to think that this has just as much content as Motorstorm, a retail game.

Around the Network

Also, putting the game at pilot assist, caps the thrust at 88%.

Well all the reasons to get the game have been already well detailed, so I will limit myself to the few quibbles of a long-time fan. The main one is the lack of an Elimination event. It's been replaced by a variation of time trial for some reason.

Also there's no Force Wall weapon, but I'm not sure that was even in Fusion. All the other weapons are present and correct, however.

Finally, I'm sure the tracks used to be considerably longer than the 8 in this game (although I haven't unlocked the last two yet). I suppose it's a consequence of their all being PSP tracks first.

Anyway, these are points of interest more than anything. Unless you have no interest in racing games at all, it's a no-brainer.

You guys convinced me to get it, and I have only had little time with it on my SDTV, but so far I like it. It's not superawesome (yet), but I haven't really gotten my head around it yet.
And (most of) the trophies are daunting! Reach Zone 75, I barely made it to 20! I will bow to whoever I see with a WipEout HD platinum trophy :S

KylieDog said:
Zone mode isn't so hard on some tracks, we're meant to reach zone 50 for one trophy without steering and just using airbrake/side jump, so 75 isn't too hard if we can steer.

I've not done it yet, but I can see it not being to hard.

Oh well, it's just my newb-ness then. Still, that platinum trophy is pure prestige...

Around the Network

I was just browsing through the forums at GameTrailers and they have a thread with in game screen shots and they just blow your mind they are so amazing. The game saves the shots to your HDD and you can take them off, i wish all games would do something like that.

I tried the motion sensoring controls earlier. Dang that was harder then expected. Gonna take some serious playing to get used to those.

Hmm, pie.

I just got the game and I really like it,,,,it's really fun,,,,thanks guys for the recommendation.

we should do a vgchartz wipeout HD tournament or something :P

Check out my game about moles ^

@Halil

There are custum tracks, its in the menu though not the xmb.

mM