By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So has anyone bought WipeOut HD from PSN today?

if so, how is it?is it fun for some one that has never played any wipeout?how is the music?

what is your overall impression of the game?

any input is appreciated

Around the Network

I want to know the exact same things :P

if some one would answer us rainbird

i got it.. only tried it shortly though.. it looks fucking awesome. Plays well and everything. But i only played it for like 5 - 10 minutes because i was busy.. and.. well... little big planet XD

EDIT: It's wipeout as you know it. If you like wipeout you'll love wipeout  HD. The effects look amazing .... i mean i fired a set of rockets that made a wave in the level itself.. it looked crasy XD

Wipeout as you know it but polished to the limit. I also tried both with and without the autopilot and it really does what it's supposed to. :) .. music also sounds great. (Again i'll note i didn't play it for long though)

Check out my game about moles ^

so would you recommend it ?and how big was the file....

thanks for the reply man

Around the Network

ya i updated my post with some more. Yeah i would recommend. Deffo. At the price it's a steal :P . the file is 998mb. If you get it. Add me on psn and we can take a few games sometimes.

Staude.

Check out my game about moles ^

998 MB! :o
That is extremely small, much less than I expected! Which is good news! :D

Bought it this morning, only other WipeOut I've played is the original on PS1, and well, wow, its awesome. I'm not one to get very hyped up about games, but this game is simply brilliant. Obviously graphics are great, effects awesome, and online is a lot of fun (and lag free from my experience). Its just a hell of a lot of fun. Definitely recommend. And 998MB, thats a baby for a full-sized game.

Basically it feels like the last two Wipeout games for PSP have been put together and now we have a massive game withsome of the best graphics of any racer available. The gameplay feels very good, I love how well they made the motion work. I turned off the music cause it was really annoying just as all Wipeout music is. It sucks that they used a goofy custom soundtracks deal that does not support Atrac. I would say it is deffenetly worth the price if you like the look of the game. It has plenty of content and the gameplay is good enough that you will not be dissipointed. If you don't like the futurist looks and bright colors run away.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I got it today... After a few hours with it... best racing game I own... and I imagine it will remain so until GT5 is released. It's worth at least twice what they are charging for it, even if a lot of the content is "recycled" from the PSP games. Smooooth @ 1080p and awesome, just like all the reviews said.

Putting F-Zero GX on eBay right now. It's been replaced as my fav futuristic racer ever. I'm surprised it doesn't sell for more... don't Wii gamers like moving real fast in hover racers?