By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So has anyone bought WipeOut HD from PSN today?

Is the In Game Custom sound track through the XMB or through something else?

Around the Network

I got it, worth every penny of my £12. But then i only played it for a short time because me net connection meant I couldn't get it until about 11:00pm at night, i had work in the morning. :P

But loving it so far. Graphics are the main improvement and they are amazing, even on my crap TV. Yet to try Sixaxis control though.

Also, you spelt it wrong it the title, it's WipEout. :P

I am really wondering on the sales of this because it's a big PSN exclusive game.

Hmm, pie.

i'm downloading it now. I got geon and wipeout but I started playing geon as soon as the download finished... did not realize that it would stop the download of wipeout hd (what is the point of downloading in the background if it stops whenever you do anything????).

so i guess i'll try ito out tomorrow...

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

its the second best game for me so far this gen. With no doubt the best racing game this gen.

Yes, downloaded it and played for maybe 45 minutes last night. Great game, graphics are very nice and smooth and gameplay has been good so far, some nice racing with weapons. Haven't tried online yet though. Music is great if you like what Wipeout usually has, trance/electro something...not my kind of stuff but works brilliantly for the game.

I have only played the first wipeout for ps1 before this, that was good but this game is great, I definately recommend it for the price.

Around the Network

Just finished a 4 hour session. I can see how the single player would get boring, but the addition of trophies helps maintain an initiative to play through it. Either way, after the 3rd and 4th stages, the campaign can get really difficult... even on novice. Some levels in this game are just brutal and really really hard to get gold in.

The multiplayer was lag free and pretty intense, it's also easy to create and join games. Some people are really good, some people aren't.

The game runs and looks as smooth as butter, and the UI is excellent. WipeoutHD would have benifited with a tutorial mode to teach the players some tricks and all, but at 20 bux, this game is a steal. Just don't expect things to be easy.

Also, the upgraded zone mode is just awesome. The style they added to it made it much better than previous games.

This game make my eyes water in an oh so delicious way.

Highly recommended

I cant believe it that I had the chance to play this today on a HDTV... looks freaking brilliant, and luckily most of the Pure/Pulse maps are present, at least at first glance... this is how a DLC game should look on a HD console :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I played it last night and woke up with the flu!!! its just that powerful XD

I called out sick today, and if my head wasn't BANGIN' , Id be playing it wrapped in a blanket.

A few WOHD buddies would be nice...add me if you get it : TheGodofWine

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

It's a lot of fun and an extremely beautiful game. I also really enjoy how they used audio. That said, I only wish there was more to it, more tracks essentially. Not enough of a great thing I suppose.