By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone actually believe Sony deserves to do well in Japan?

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Darc Requiem said:
BMaker11 said:
psrock said:

Sony? Success? Japan? These words don't match. I agree with Starcraft on this one. Sony has shown that they are  incapable of fighting or even trying to fight this Generation.

Ms on the other hand, has demonstrated that they would do anything to win no matter the consequences. Yes, MS have more money to burn, But Sony has done nothing in Japan, nothing.

M$? Deserve? Japan?

I have to completely DISAGREE with Starcraft on this one. I don't care what RPGs M$ keeps buying. They rushed a flawed system to the market.....marketed it poorly (otherwise with all those "amazing" RPGs the 360, it would be dominating Japan), and are the true ones who are focused on the west. Why do you think that the bulk of the 360s userbase is in America, and then the numbers are sporadic everywhere else, whereas with the PS3, it's pretty well distributed?

HD Media center is a making it a hit in EU. Western games like FPSs and adventure games make it do equally well in the US. And games like Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, more to come make it do the numbers it does in Japan. And didn't MGS4 make it sell like 78K one week? Has the 360 ever done that?

It's hard to say Sony has done nothing in Japan and M$ has done everything when the numbers seem to show differently. They must be doing something right if their userbase there is over 2 million, and the 360s is like 670k

Yes because Sony has never rushed an unreliable console to the market or bought exclusives. Oh wait the PS1 and PS2 had hardware reliablity issues and Sony rose to the top of the industry by buying exclusives. It seems I need to hurry my work on the Sony Selective Memory Syndrom vaccine. Its running rampant on the VGChartz boards.

So what has Sony done wrong in Japan with the PS3, though?  Yes yes, companies have similar problems (RRoD is unprecedented, though, sorry).  

All you show is that buying exclusives doesn't mean caring about gamers, whether Sony or MS do it.  It's about profit.

Anyone burned by a PS2 disc drive would have a right to be upset.  RRoD?  same.  

Besides not providing the games that the Japanese market expects?

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
colonelstubbs said:
Sony havent done anything wrong. How can they not deserve success?

They did do something wrong. They certainly don't deserve to be successful in Japan when they've chosen profit over gamers.

Yep, thats why they released the ps3 for $999.99 when it launched.

mM
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Any consumers, even Sony fanboys, recognize that Microsoft is spending a large amount of money on games they don't need to make their console successful. Sony is being tight fisted with their money and not buying 3rd party support.

I know that you're pretty "ignorant," but are you really so fucking ignorant to believe that Microsoft spending so much money to buy exclusivity is:

a) Good for Gamers

b) Done out of the kindness of your heart?

If you honestly believe that shit, then human ignorance has hit a new high.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
colonelstubbs said:

They did do something wrong. They certainly don't deserve to be successful in Japan when they've chosen profit over gamers.

This is not a Nintendo discussion...

phil said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Any consumers, even Sony fanboys, recognize that Microsoft is spending a large amount of money on games they don't need to make their console successful. Sony is being tight fisted with their money and not buying 3rd party support.

I know that you're pretty "ignorant," but are you really so fucking ignorant to believe that Microsoft spending so much money to buy exclusivity is:

a) Good for Gamers

b) Done out of the kindness of your heart?

If you honestly believe that shit, then human ignorance has hit a new high.

Oh...  Oh...  I know...  3rd party developers are anti-gaming because they weren't supporting the 360 so 360 owners cannot play their games.  So for the good of gamers, Microsoft had to shell out HUGE chunks of dough to convince these developers to makes games for the sake for gaming.  But also SONY was involved because by being tight fisted with their money they allowed Microsoft to buy out these 3rd party games.  So SONY cares about gaming, too.  In fact, they both are in KAHOOTS against Nintendo since Nintendo is in the lead.  Nintendo is evil because Micrsoft and SONY are in it because they care for us gamers.  It's true because Zenni said so...

[sarcasm... obviously...]

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
starcraft said:

There is all sorts of complaining about the Xbox 360 beating the Wii and crushing the PS3 in Japan. 

But I want to know why people believe the PS3 should achieve in Japan.  Sony has concentrated almost entirely on cultivating the Western market with their current generation console.

They have done next to nothing to ensure Japanese-preferred content is released, in direct contrast to Microsoft.

So what justification do people use for decrying their performance there?  Sony has their negligence to blame as much as anything else in my opinion.

you could say the same thing about ms for any region not just japan . ie, rrod(WHICH THERE WAS NO EXCUSE FOR FAILING THAT MANY CUSTOMERS), pay for live, disc scratching, $180 for a 120 gig hdd, ect, if anyone deserved not to do good this gen it would be ms

do you deserve to be alive?

I think they've deserved what they've got so far, which is average. They've released some high profile games for Japan (MGS4, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bonds, Dynasty Warriors 6, etc.) so I feel they earned their current amount, which isn't that much.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
colonelstubbs said:

That logic can be used to put down absolutley any mega-corporation. Welcome to capitalism.

leo-j said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
colonelstubbs said:

Yep, thats why they released the ps3 for $999.99 when it launched.

'Scuse me Mr Leo-J. Um, whats a fanboy?

Tease.