By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone actually believe Sony deserves to do well in Japan?

Why isn't starcraft on this thread? Anyway... It's not right saying that they forgot about the gamers and chose profit. If you really think that lowering the price point and then buying 3rd party games like crazy is good for Sony. Next time you'll see them they be releasing they're final game saying "Thanks for sticking through the tough times hope we made you happy..." :S

Around the Network

@DrStephenTColbert
errr..... this week sale show what Sony deserve, numbers tells the TRUTH.

No, but if they get KH 3 then they do

ZenfoldorVGI said:
colonelstubbs said:
Sony havent done anything wrong. How can they not deserve success?

They did do something wrong. They certainly don't deserve to be successful in Japan when they've chosen profit over gamers.

You need money to make money.  Simple truth.  With your logic, SONY, Microsoft, and Nintendo all do not deserve to do well anywhere since their stockholders are their primary concern... profits...

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

There is no such thing as "deserving" in a market. You sell as much as people want to buy your product. In Sony's case, they didn't pay much attention to jRPGs and went for the Western market. If they had a consistent release of jRPGs like MS, they could do 20-30k per week. Since MS is catering to the Japanese market, people are noticing and I see it first hand experience since I live here.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

@Jordahn

Do you not find it odd that out of all three competitors. Two can manage to satisfy their customers, and make profit for their share holders. While the third can do neither. The reason Sony has failed so terribly in this regard is that they not only loss lead their console down the yellow brick road, but they had it lug a giant Trojan horse behind it all the way. Sony bet on the hardware with no real consideration for software.

Sony is at fault for its own financial situation. They sacrificed their library to move a new format and a new processor. They were well aware this would cost them in three areas. First they would lose on hardware. Second they would lose in market share. Third they had to suspect that would lose some developer support. The only thing they probably did not expect is how badly they would lose in all three.

YES they do

White Knight Chronicles CONFIRMED for 25 DEC

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ahcheng said:

@DrStephenTColbert
errr..... this week sale show what Sony deserve, numbers tells the TRUTH.

What about the numbers when MGS 4 launched then?  Or when Wii Fit Launched?

Or are you cherry picking?  Badly...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

BMaker11 said:
psrock said:

Sony? Success? Japan? These words don't match. I agree with Starcraft on this one. Sony has shown that they are  incapable of fighting or even trying to fight this Generation.

Ms on the other hand, has demonstrated that they would do anything to win no matter the consequences. Yes, MS have more money to burn, But Sony has done nothing in Japan, nothing.

M$? Deserve? Japan?

I have to completely DISAGREE with Starcraft on this one. I don't care what RPGs M$ keeps buying. They rushed a flawed system to the market.....marketed it poorly (otherwise with all those "amazing" RPGs the 360, it would be dominating Japan), and are the true ones who are focused on the west. Why do you think that the bulk of the 360s userbase is in America, and then the numbers are sporadic everywhere else, whereas with the PS3, it's pretty well distributed?

HD Media center is a making it a hit in EU. Western games like FPSs and adventure games make it do equally well in the US. And games like Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3, more to come make it do the numbers it does in Japan. And didn't MGS4 make it sell like 78K one week? Has the 360 ever done that?

It's hard to say Sony has done nothing in Japan and M$ has done everything when the numbers seem to show differently. They must be doing something right if their userbase there is over 2 million, and the 360s is like 670k

Yes because Sony has never rushed an unreliable console to the market or bought exclusives. Oh wait the PS1 and PS2 had hardware reliablity issues and Sony rose to the top of the industry by buying exclusives. It seems I need to hurry my work on the Sony Selective Memory Syndrom vaccine. Its running rampant on the VGChartz boards.

Double post, thanks to my crappy wireless aircard coverage at work.