By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone actually believe Sony deserves to do well in Japan?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
colonelstubbs said:
Sony havent done anything wrong. How can they not deserve success?

They did do something wrong. They certainly don't deserve to be successful in Japan when they've chosen profit over gamers.

Aren't you a Nintendo fan?

Around the Network

i dont think sony should do well anywere it should burn MUHAHAHAHA

SSSBOLIMAR said:
i dont think sony should do well anywere it should burn MUHAHAHAHA

SRSLY STFU

Tease.

Does anything deserve to sell haha. But more really does 360 deserve it. MS screwed up with the Xbox and destroyed the brand and then finally say hey we'll start thinking about you now. Does that sound like a company that deserves to do well in a region. More so than one that has constantly supported the Japanese audience for over 10 yrs. How's that for an answer.

Microsoft has been doing what they can this gen so that it's American fans who really aren't even interested in Japanese games but like to be able to say on internet forums "We've got more jrpgs than the PS3. We're so great and superior to PS3 fans." in reality only to generate more heat for their system. However, in reality, these rpgs aren't really selling in significant numbers to most Western gamers who prefer their shooters, etc. So, even if Microsfot captures a part of the Japanese market this console generation, the question that really matters is if these games that it is using to do well in Japan don't really appeal that much to its American fans then in the next gen (especially if they don't have to worry about any market competition from Sony), then will they still be interested in spending the money to make English translations of all of their Japanese especially more niche jrpgs available in the West.

In a future market where they would potentially be selling most of their high profile Asian games only on the Asian market and mainly selling shooters to their Western audience, for me personally, as someone that prefers Japanese games to Western games, I don't find the elimination of a true Japanese comsole from the Western market to be something that I would look forward to that much.

Really all Western developers -- other than Naughty Dog, Rare, Insomniac, and Sucker Punch -- know how to make are shooters and the occasional racer.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

Around the Network

its doing well and better than the 360 starcraft.

by the end of the generation will do 4 times the 360 will do in japan for sure
and the wii 8+ times.
both have killer exclusives, one week won't change tons of week of win of the japanese console its home market
360 its pushing all its jrpg this year. by next year they only have SO4 that its likely going multiplatform

Does any company deserve anything? You're getting far too emotionally involved in all of this, man.

And you let your emotions lead you to creating what is nothing more than a troll thread. This is your only warning.

How the hell have they chosen profit over games when they have the largest publishing studio and are barely profiting at all? Fanboys make no sense!
They refuse to moneyhat like Microsoft so they don't deserve to succeed.