By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone actually believe Sony deserves to do well in Japan?

There is all sorts of complaining about the Xbox 360 beating the Wii and crushing the PS3 in Japan. 

But I want to know why people believe the PS3 should achieve in Japan.  Sony has concentrated almost entirely on cultivating the Western market with their current generation console.

They have done next to nothing to ensure Japanese-preferred content is released, in direct contrast to Microsoft.

So what justification do people use for decrying their performance there?  Sony has their negligence to blame as much as anything else in my opinion.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Well they would be in a better position if they would act a little.

wow.....the week of a price cut, and now Sony doesn't "deserve" Japan. Is that why they've sold over 2 million consoles there?

I'm sorry that their strategy isn't "buy buy buy"......especially when they're trying to focus on profitability.

because MS deserve anything ?

Do you remember ... no ... do you know RRoD ?

what MS deserve for having creating the most flawed eletronic product and one of the worst OS ???

Only Ninty, because they dont "lie" may deserve something (whatever u like or not what they do)

Time to Work !

PS3 will sell a lot more than X360 in the long run. Japanese consumers will jump on board the PS3 train. FF XIII, FF XIII Versus Tekken 6, GT 5 and God of War 3 will help push hardware sales in Japan region.
PS3 is made by Sony one of the most successful Japanese company in the world.
Sony name sells lots of products in all electronic goods.
Sony brand name recognition is very powerful.

Around the Network

Sony havent done anything wrong. How can they not deserve success?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

WNC says hi
and FFXIII exclusive in japan says hey
FFXIII versus says hello
the sega RPG game say how are u -can't spell the name right-

Who are we to tell someone else what they deserve?

and yes ,, the new ico team game will be shown in TGS this year
if it's an RPG -most likely- then it says GOOD AFTERNOON

colonelstubbs said:
Sony havent done anything wrong. How can they not deserve success?

They did do something wrong. They certainly don't deserve to be successful in Japan when they've chosen profit over gamers.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.