By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone actually believe Sony deserves to do well in Japan?

psrock said:

Sony? Success? Japan? These words don't match. I agree with Starcraft on this one. Sony has shown that they are  incapable of fighting or even trying to fight this Generation.

Ms on the other hand, has demonstrated that they would do anything to win no matter the consequences. Yes, MS have more money to burn, But Sony has done nothing in Japan, nothing.

u really have to read the posts above

i don't have to list the games again

Around the Network

hmm. ofcourse they don't deserve to do well in japan, or IMO, anywhere. the PS3 sold what it should of sold. theres not too many games out for the system. the 360 owns it in almost every department.
sadly i bought a ps3 instead of a 360.

but the 360 doesnt deserve to do good in japan either. the 360 should do great in america, the wii should do great in japan. if only game companies stopped chickening out on teh wii.

No one deserves anything, Sony does well in japan because its a Japanese system build with the Japanese in mind.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

starcraft! it it won ONE week of sales in japan! it's done it before you know! do you honestly think it'll stay like that? i don't but then i could be wrong, i doubt it though.

chenguo4 said:
blackstar said:
Ronster316 said:
blackstar said:
Ronster316 said:
Sony have taken Japan for granted......... And during that time Microsoft have slipped in there and taken a lot of the thunder away from sony......... Perhaps sony assumed that all they had to do was turn up at the party and everybody would buy a ps3 by default........... It doesn't work that way anymore in the gaming world....... Loyalty went out of the window the day Sega left the gaming hardware market and now gaming is fast becoming a free for all...... (yes, theres still people loyal to a console, myself included, but not as many as there were a few years ago)

Same in europe, Even sony fans can't deny that in recent years sony have treated europeans like dirt......... Massive launch prices, The ps3 coming to europe 4 months later than Japan and USA, The getaway and 8 days been cancelled, Backwards compatability given to you and then snatched away again, Homes launch been put back countless times, the lis t is endless..... They treat their fans badly and eventually one day its gonna come back to haunt them when the fans say..... Enough is enough

see the games i listed above and u will know that they didn't take for granted

the problem is MS are doing better there and they got the money so they can do whatever they want

sony gaming division is broke yet offered the games i listed above and ofcourse MS is doing better there but DOESN'T mean that Sony took japan for granted

Money talks........... Thats what got sony to where they are today in the gaming world....... Afterall, sony stopped EA from making games for the Sega dreamcast....... and no one can deny that sonys ruthless advertising was part of the reason why the Ps1 beat the Sega saturn and N64 back in the day............ The day sony entered the gaming market the writing was on the wall for Sega, Everywhere i went i saw a ps1 console or ps1 game adverts...... The side of buses, on the t.v., Giant billboards, Hell, i even went in a nightclub one night and saw a poster behind the bar for damn crash bandicoot lol, Sony were the origional  "corporation" in the gaming world and they themselves have always been happy to throw money around in order to secure exclusives....... Sega made mistakes yes, I wont deny that, But sonys financial muscle meant that Sega would have had to have had a huge bankroll to be able to compete........ and as we all know, They simply didn't have that kind of money......... Thats why i love it when people say "Microsoft paid them" Its just so ironic to me.............

i wasn't talking about the way MS and sony is handling things with money,, afterall it's all business and it's all fair

i was just saying that sony didn't take japan for granted but the great job MS is doing there is way BIGGER than what sony does there is making sony's effort small which is big in reality

all what sony needs is time ,, sadly it may be tooo late

Dude come on you're like the most pessimistic PS3 fan ever. Before you proclaim anything "too late," let's wait til after the holidays, and after WKC drops at the least.

hahaha

man they are dark , rainy and cold days ps3 is gonna go through

Around the Network

It's not a matter of "deserving" when it comes to business . If japanese want Sony products then they'll buy Sony products I don't think they care wether Sony's been a good boy or not.

well........ i can only say sony deserve doomed in worldwide and not only in japan.
MS has provide better treatment to their customers.
long live 360.

ahcheng said:
well........ i can only say sony deserve doomed in worldwide and not only in japan.
MS has provide better treatment to their customers.
long live 360.

*raises eyebrow* well, that's your opinion and you're perfectly entitled to it, no matter how nuts that sounds to me having worked pretty closely with MS software support over the years.

if the PS3 never sells another unit in Japan, at this rate it will still take 58 weeks for the 360 to catch the PS3. As for crushing the PS3...obviously that will take a bit longer.

Congratulations to MS are in order however, as this weeks sales figures are awesome.

anyway, back on topic, Sony deserves Japan due to the fact that they have a large number of solid products over a very wide range. MS has...two consoles, a Zune, a few mice and keyboards, and some overpriced software.

And, of course, Sony have a very good and well deserved reputation for selling good quality products.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

SONY have chosen profit over gamers?
Excuse me, but who still has region encoding for games? Who charges for online?
Microsoft.

Sony makes you pay for a console and gives you free gifts. Microsoft makes you pay for a console and then pay for every extra imaginable.

Having said that, Sony 'deserves' exactly what any of the other companies 'deserve'- nothing. Success is not their birthright, it is something they must earn. But I think they're doing a good job of it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I really think the reason why Sony is focusing more on western gaming is because the Japanese console market is just doing really bad. The 360 needed an exclusive game from a good dev and the biggest 2rd party publisher, good amount of marketing, a price cut and restock just to get to a week of 28,700 hardware sales. It's good for the 360, but it's really a blip on the grand scheme of things. I'd wish Microsoft got more back in terms of their investments for the Japanese market, but i seriously doubt this is enough to scare anyone. I expect a sharp drop in 360 hardware by a week or 2 and I also expect the PS3 to sell much more than 28k for the week LBP or WKC is released. And again, it's really not Microsoft's fault, but I can see why Sony is neglecting the Japanese audience as the market itself is nothing compared to NA/EU. With that being said, It's not that I don't feel Sony doesn't DESERVE success in Japan, it's more on the lines of Sony won't GET any success in Japan even IF they tried, much like Microsoft. It's unfortunate, that so much effort can only get you so less in return.