By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers up

all i here are excuses about 2 days. mgs4 was for 2 days and the ps3 sales were much higher then 360 sales. the 360 sales are weak for its price.

Around the Network

Mmmm we should better wait and see what happens next week (this month maybe...) to bring conclusions about the price drop on the X360.

Its incredible that the eminent leadership of nintendo its not even mention anymore. I guess there's no point of bringing it to the topic :\

Congratz Nintendo

Maynard_Tool said:
Mmmm we should better wait and see what happens next week (this month maybe...) to bring conclusions about the price drop on the X360.

Its incredible that the eminent leadership of nintendo its not even mention anymore. I guess there's no point of bringing it to the topic :

Congratz Nintendo

Yeah, no need to mention it anymore.

We don't walk outside and say "oh, the sun came out today" surprised-like, since we know it's happening.  Same with this.  We know Ninty will dominate. 

Soul_tech10 said:
Jlmadyson said:

PS3 72,162

Uh Big no, will be clear and apparent in NPD. Unless of course VGC drops PS3 by large margins in the next few weeks. The shipment numbers for this quarter will be so off VGC it's not going to be funny. At this rate VGC will have the difference betwee the PS3 and 360 at close to 5 million even by the end of this quarter. That is simply not going to be the case. That would mean somehow the PS3 wiped out nearly a million in shipment difference this quarter, no way, no how. In fact, the shipment difference is probably going to be even bigger between the two than it was on June 30 of 5.89 million.

With VGC being off -13k for the 360 and 40k+ for the PS3 with NPD in August this is going to be interesting going forward because they have now added even more to the PS3 than last week.  Unless adjustments are made going forward they are going to be off quite a bit this month indeed.

uh Big yes,

dont forget that VGC tracks sales data for the AMERICAS, not ony USA, u jerk

Soultech your mother needs to teach you some manners or spank you for flaming someone for having his own opinion and kinda supporting it. I don't really care about sales so I have no idea about shipping number but what you've done is rude. Madyson could have been a little more polite and more detailed about why he feels VG's numbers are wrong, but the civil thing you should/could have done is pulled up the shipping numbers yourself and argue about what is wrong instead of calling someone a big jerk. Also if you read his post he is only talking about America's numbers. Perhaps a reading comprehension course will be required for you as well.

As for me I feel the sales are a bit dissapointing too and that we'll just have to see how it plays out next week.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

HAhahahahaha, oh DMJ you seriously know how to make me pass a good time, with a great laugh.

Around the Network

When would release American software numbers?

why would anyone even buy the arcade verion? it's pretty much just a half Xbox360

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Consoles on the whole sold 596,824 units.
Handhelds sold 583,491 units.

DS holds 72% of the marketshare
PSP has 28%

Wii holds 51% of the marketshare
PS3 has 27%
360 has 22%

I'm not buying those numbers because if you go by last months NPD numbers each system had sales that averaged less than 50000 a week. 360's numbers might be pretty accurate because of the price cut but PS3's numbers I think are way too high. I mean what came out for PS3 that are keeping those numbers that high. Not trolling because I have both systems, just stating my opinion.

I have to be honest i just sit here reading these post and the first conclusion i come to is you guys sound like crackheads fiddling for a pipe. The next NPD will tell the tale. Downplay all you want. No ones in trouble, but especially not the 360