By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers up

Naum said:
why would anyone even buy the arcade verion? it's pretty much just a half Xbox360

You can get a HDMI cable for $7 shipped off Amazon and a 20 gig 360 HD for $30 shipped or less. So for $237 your still saving money over the PRO. Don't forget you could sell the memory card to make a few bucks to.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Yeah, the elite pricing is strange

A year and a half ago, it was the only 360 with the Zephyr (?) motherboard, 100 extra gigs of Hard drive space, an HDMI output, and a HDMI cable plus the coat of paint.  One would argue that the newer motherboard was worth the price of entry, and everything else was extra, which it was, so the extra price was fine for reliability.

But with the motherboards the same across all skus, HDMI the same across all skus, and with only the hard drive space to differentiate between the pro and the elite, there's no reason to buy the elite over the pro, unless you really want to download stuff.  :-/

The elite should be 350 at most.

The Elite comes with the special HDMI cord that enables you to do surround sound + HDMI or something like that - worth $50 in store. Since its really aimed at the multimedia type the colour and extra space are there to work in with that target market. Its also their biggest money spinner! If they are making money on a $300 Premium, how much do you think they are making on an Elite? (Even with increased retailer margins)

Tease.

Awww, so you all mean I have to wait till next week to see the "full" effect of the price cut! Of well. I'm rooting for you Microsoft!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Wow.. that is really awful news for Microsoft.. Usually there's much more of a spike in sales after a price cut.

One thing that baffles me is the number of different SKU's this generation. There is no way I would buy a 360 or a PS3 with so many different types and capabilities and prices. I liked the way previous consoles just had one that you'd buy and you'd be set for the next 6 years. Not everyone has money to throw around. All they are doing is confusing potential customers. They both deserve to lose.

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

Around the Network

We need ioi to settle this

MonstaMack said:
Naum said:
why would anyone even buy the arcade verion? it's pretty much just a half Xbox360

You can get a HDMI cable for $7 shipped off Amazon and a 20 gig 360 HD for $30 shipped or less. So for $237 your still saving money over the PRO. Don't forget you could sell the memory card to make a few bucks to.

Yes like that's common knowledge ....?

So the price cut didn't happen on the 7th of Sept...otherwise, what friggin 2 days are some talking about?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Interesting if this will cut into PS2 sales, because it's not harming PS3 sales at all.

heruamon said:
So the price cut didn't happen on the 7th of Sept...otherwise, what friggin 2 days are some talking about?

The price cut happened on the 5th of Sept. and NA sales are up to Sept. 6th, so the price cut was in effect on the 5th and 6th of Sept. in these numbers. That's where the 2 days come from.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"