PS3 - 72,162
360 - 75,871

Yum yum

Around the Network

Price cut effect. PS3 weekly win.

To cut a long story short

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Interesting that the Xbox 360 numbers weren't even as high as the previous spike a month ago (90k vs 75k).

I don't think the price cuts effects are fully represented in this weeks numbers. Wasn't the original date set for the 7th of September.

Tease.

The price cut was only in force for 2 days, I suspect nobody bought a 360 the other 5 days and they all rushed out Friday/Saturday to get one.

Nice 360 sale
I think it will have 180K and more sale for the next few weeks

Around the Network

holy SH**T

with a price cut and still below PS3,,,,but I guess next week will be better for 360.

This only has 1 or 2 days of the pricecut I believe. Nothing significant yet. :) Next week will probably be 125k+ for 360. :o

PS3 72,162

Uh Big no, will be clear and apparent in NPD. Unless of course VGC drops PS3 by large margins in the next few weeks. The shipment numbers for this quarter will be so off VGC it's not going to be funny. At this rate VGC will have the difference betwee the PS3 and 360 at close to 5 million even by the end of this quarter. That is simply not going to be the case. That would mean somehow the PS3 wiped out nearly a million in shipment difference this quarter, no way, no how. In fact, the shipment difference is probably going to be even bigger between the two than it was on June 30 of 5.89 million.

With VGC being off -13k for the 360 and 40k+ for the PS3 with NPD in August this is going to be interesting going forward because they have now added even more to the PS3 than last week.  Unless adjustments are made going forward they are going to be off quite a bit this month indeed.

just one day of price cut.....next week will be more important, not to mention isn't the Japanese price cut counted within next week's sales?

I'm pretty surprised the PS3 won WW. Again.