By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers up

this is only a 2 day price cut

BUT including saturday (most people purchase thing at the end of the week particularly the saturday)
and the price cut that was expected by many !!!

well, wait and see for next week but so far, I m not impressed.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

nice 1 micosoft, so much for "dominating the christmas period", looks like sales will be like this now for the 360 for a while

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I feel better, The PS3 is still alive.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I predict the 360 will be anywhere from 100-200k in sales next week.

Believe it or not, ever since last year I have predicting the 360 to drop to 199 sometime in late 2008, and outsell the ps3 and possibly the wii.

Next week will be extreemly interesting.

mM
grimygunz said:
Sooo what we can gather from this limited results of the price cut is that 360 sales dont effect Ps3 sales much at all (right now). The PS3 sales increased over the previous week by 6k while the 360 cut effect rose its sales by about 25k-30k with 2 days of the cut.

==> yep, that was the case with the PAL price cut too

people wanting a xbox360 will not buy a PS3, and people wanting a ps3 will not buy a xobx360

this is why the most important effect of the xbox360 price cut will be the arcade sku that is at 199$ and may, now, attract some random purchase or some casual "mommy" purchase (that would have taken a Wii)

Time to Work !

Around the Network

sorry Leo, it will be over 100k. It just wont last.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
sorry Leo, it will be over 100k. It just wont last.

so you know the future?

mM

Hmm from just 2 days 360 edged PS3 in NA. Can't wait for next week.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

I will join everyone else and say 'yeah next weeks sales will be better/more interesting'

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

The majority of people waiting for the price cut would have bought day one, or on the first Saturday. This is the price cut effect. Don't expect much more than 75,000 next week for the 360.

The PS3 has nothing to fear. It will soundly beat the 360 this year world wide.

360+PS3 > Wii