By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Numbers up

Can someone confirm what days (if any) of reduced price is included in this?

Electronics sell most of their weekly sales on Saturday, with Friday evening contributing well but Monday to Thursday minimal contribution and a little more on Sunday.

Now, if you have an anticipated price cut - i.e. you think most of your potential consumers know about it, then just one Friday/Saturday sales will give you a huge spike.

What I don't know (sitting in Europe) is does this data contain such sales?

If it does contain Friday or Saturday lower price sales then MS need to be worried as that is not enough of a response to bode well for sustained uplift. If not then we won't know effect until next week as really with electronics you need to get the Friday/Saturday sales to see what's really going on.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

this year

usa : wii >> ps3= 360
japan : wii >>>> ps3 >>>>>>>> 360
others : wii >ps3 >>>360

Reasonable said:

Electronics sell most of their weekly sales on Saturday, with Friday evening contributing well but Monday to Thursday minimal contribution and a little more on Sunday.

Now, if you have an anticipated price cut - i.e. you think most of your potential consumers know about it, then just one Friday/Saturday sales will give you a huge spike.

If it does contain Friday or Saturday lower price sales then MS need to be worried as that is not enough of a response to bode well for sustained uplift. If not then we won't know effect until next week as really with electronics you need to get the Friday/Saturday sales to see what's really going on.

The price cut took place on a Friday, and this week's numbers should include data from that Friday and the following Saturday.

Reasonable said:

It does contain it, but electronics selling the most on Saturdays, are you sure thats the same for America. Here, the weekly ads are sent out with the Sunday edition newspapers, so I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of weekly sales in America occur on Sundays. And if that was the case, many people wouldn't have even known about the pricecut that occured on the 5th (a friday) since they wouldn't have gotten the ads advertising the new prices until the 7th (a sunday).

Bottom line is to wait till the next chart goes up. If Microsoft doesn't win but atleast 30k that week, then the price cut has failed imho

Japan pending shortages they should beat PS3, and in EU it will be a tigher race. I'm predicting MS wins WW next chart, but if they don't win by atleast 30k in the US I see it as a failure.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

To make this simple for everyone. The PS3 numbers are quite good considering. The 360 numbers here only include 1 day of price cut prices. So effectively it jumped 25,000 sales more than the previous 2 weeks because of 1 day. I expect the next week to have 360 - 120,000 or higher for Americas.

360 will get more boost starting next week that can be avoided. the most important thing for the ps3 is to maintain the sales at the level of 70k++ until the next waves of big releases.

Doesn't this translate to WW win for PS3? If it does, big ouch to ms.

selnor said:
To make this simple for everyone. The PS3 numbers are quite good considering. The 360 numbers here only include 1 day of price cut prices. So effectively it jumped 25,000 sales more than the previous 2 weeks because of 1 day. I expect the next week to have 360 - 120,000 or higher for Americas.

Two days.

I agree with gengka